Hunting with 224 valkyrie??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting with 224 valkyrie??

Anyone have any experience hunting with the valkyrie? Mainly deer. I'm sure it would be fine. I really want a 6.5 grendel but I could get a nice 224 tomorrow. Let me know your experience even if it's second hand. Thanks fellas

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Never shot one, but have heard that there are some issues stabilizing the heavier bullets. That sorta takes the romance out of it for me. I liked the idea of a .22 cal tossing 90+ grain for predators, pugs and deer alike. But that only works if it’s accurate

Comment

Interesting. Keep em coming

Comment

Don’t have any experience with the Valkyrie, but have a bunch with the Grendel. The Valkyrie should be good for shots under 200 on medium size game, but the Grendel can do it to 500, depending on bullet choice and type of game.. Why limit yourself? Grendel hands down.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
          Never shot one, but have heard that there are some issues stabilizing the heavier bullets. That sorta takes the romance out of it for me. I liked the idea of a .22 cal tossing 90+ grain for predators, pugs and deer alike. But that only works if it’s accurate
          PIGS- not pugs. Can you imagine what a 90 gr spirepoint would do to a pug!
          Last edited by Playa; 05-22-2018, 08:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bustacap View Post
            Don’t have any experience with the Valkyrie, but have a bunch with the Grendel. The Valkyrie should be good for shots under 200 on medium size game, but the Grendel can do it to 500, depending on bullet choice and type of game.. Why limit yourself? Grendel hands down.
            I just keep waiting for the right deal to roll around.. I don't buy anything unless I feel like I can sale it for what I have in it. Just a little anxious, looks like I'll keep on waiting. Thanks

Comment

Its certainly got the speed, I'm sure it will be fine for mid to varmit size game. With the right hunting specific bullets, it will be good!

Comment

Not with the Valkyrie but I'm running 80 grain ELD-M's in my 22-250AI. I'm getting 3100 from a stiff but not max load in a 22 inch barrel. It's a .5 MOA to 600 yard rig.

Brutal on deer, hogs and vermin. Not kind to the hides if you're trying to save one.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                  Not with the Valkyrie but I'm running 80 grain ELD-M's in my 22-250AI. I'm getting 3100 from a stiff but not max load in a 22 inch barrel. It's a .5 MOA to 600 yard rig.

Brutal on deer, hogs and vermin. Not kind to the hides if you're trying to save one.
                  What's the twist on your barrel?

Comment

I've been hearing the other way around. That people are having a hard time stabilizing the 60 grain bullets. But..that's not what people are going to be shooting most out of a valkryie.

Comment

a 90 gr 223 bullet is under powered for such a ferocious beast. You need at least a 375 H&H to ensure that pug is DRT.

Comment

This is what I was thinking! Had a chuckle... I was trying to figure out what you had against PUGS.

Comment

Yah, I caught that type-o too. Made me LOL!

Comment

Haven't hunted with one but shot one a couple of weeks ago at a touch over 400 yards and it was a blast and I will be watching for the right deal on one! Great caliber!

Comment

I like the Valkyrie. accurate with the 90 gr fusion and hammering the pigs. using a photon xt nite vision. very little recoil

Comment

Working...
                              X