No announcement yet.

RIP Otto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard Little Man Kim is traveling incognito because he thinks there's a hit out on him. Pretty sure he will be dead in 6 months.

Comment

He ripped down a propaganda poster and was caught on video doing it.

I think what they did to him was not right but why would you go to North Korea??

I do feel bad for the family.

Comment

My condolences to his family.

There are places in the USA that are not safe. Some people are clueless when it comes to sensing danger. For instance, I hate large crowds. It is not that I hate the people, it is because bad things always seem to happen where there are crowds. Things like a trip to North Korea are a no brainer.

Comment

Originally posted by coon007 View Post
          I personally think the university should be held liable, who in the heck comes up with a trip to NK with a whole bunch college aged kids. The kid was arrested and charged with vandalizing and stealing a sign he was caught on one of them big brother cameras.
          It's always somebody else's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
            I have sympathy for him and his parents. I made plenty of bad decisions when I was young. That being said, it's time to deal with the Norks once and for all.

I made bad decisions as well but I made ***** sure I made those bad decisions right here in the good ole USA!
            I feel sorry for his parents but I don't really have the same sympathy for him.

The NK's have nukes, that is a much bigger issue.

Comment

Originally posted by jmeghunts View Post
              It's always somebody else's fault.
              Otto and his parents hold 99% of it.

Comment

Who was the American kid a few years ago that did something and he was caned?

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                  Who was the American kid a few years ago that did something and he was caned?
                  There was an expat kid in Singapore many years ago like mid 90s who went out and sprayed a bunch of graffiti. He was caned good for that.

Comment

Originally posted by J Sweet View Post
                    There was an expat kid in Singapore many years ago like mid 90s who went out and sprayed a bunch of graffiti. He was caned good for that.
                    Yup that's him.
                    Last edited by oktx; 06-20-2017, 08:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by coon007 View Post
                      I personally think the university should be held liable, who in the heck comes up with a trip to NK with a whole bunch college aged kids. The kid was arrested and charged with vandalizing and stealing a sign he was caught on one of them big brother cameras.
                      He was in China. I don't think his trip into North Korea was affiliated with the college at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                        I heard Little Man Kim is traveling incognito because he thinks there's a hit out on him. Pretty sure he will be dead in 6 months.
                        Hit on him for what and placed by whom?
                        For this otto kid?
                        LoL.

You realize Lil Kim's brother was assassinated in Malaysia back in February when two women threw Plutonium or something in his face, right?
                        He was walking through the airport and they walked up to him and blew it in his face like powder.

Unreal.

Comment

RIP Otto

It's tragic that this young man died over a propaganda poster and I feel for any parents that lose a child at that age.

That said, this young man CHOSE to go on a non-school sponsored, Chinese-run tour group named after communist propaganda youth groups; and his parents agreed to it and paid for it, by their own admission. Now, call me crazy (and apparently more educated than his parents) but there's NO way one of my kids would go on a trip like that. Is it really possible that this kid and his family (who live in a very educated and affluent community) did not realize this was a trip into the real-world version of Dr. Evil or any number of James Bond's evil enemies? I know it sounds harsh when this poor kid died but, jeez, where's the personal responsibility? This wasn't even a missionary trip or an aid worker mission - it was a sightseeing tour and biking excursion along the north side of the DMZ! WTH? THEN, the kid steals a poster from the worlds most repressive regime. This whole deal was 100% avoidable! 100%! This wasn't a bad decision - a bad decision is stealing beer from a convenience store or trying drugs. THIS was the single dumbest and most unnecessary decisions I've ever heard of and it's hard to imagine how this wasn't doomed to end this way.

I really feel for the loss of a child for ANY reason; and I'm trying to cut the family some slack. However, when I keep hearing the father claim that his son was, "lured" by the NK's and lay 100% of the blame at NK's feet, it rubs me wrong. That's just not the case and if I were him I'd be RIDDLED with guilt.

I hear people saying it's 'time to deal with NK' now that this tragic deal occurred. NO, it was time to deal with this LONG ago. And the stupidity of the Americans that continue to travel to this backward rogue nation, and continue to end up in captivity, only complicates matters and makes it harder to take a hard line! If the government takes a hard line and NK executes some hostages, then there's an outcry that the US government did wrong. It's a no-win situation. The US State Department has warned ALL US citizens not to travel to NK - for ANY reason! What more does it take? Idiots (no matter how well-intentioned) keep going over there and providing NK with hostages to keep us in line. They know we won't do anything too serious as long as there are US citizens being held. Stupid Americans just keep ignoring the State Department and providing NK with a source of hostages. Then, we all have to feel sorry for them and their families. Call me crazy or just mean but I'm done feeling sorry for people who play with fire and then get burned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
                            It's tragic that this young man died over a propaganda poster and I feel for any parents that lose a child at that age.

That said, this young man CHOSE to go on a non-school sponsored, Chinese-run tour group named after communist propaganda youth groups; and his parents agreed to it and paid for it, by their own admission. Now, call me crazy (and apparently more educated than his parents) but there's NO way one of my kids would go on a trip like that. Is it really possible that this kid and his family (who live in a very educated and affluent community) did not realize this was a trip into the real-world version of Dr. Evil or any number of James Bond's evil enemies? I know it sounds harsh when this poor kid died but, jeez, where's the personal responsibility? This wasn't even a missionary trip or an aid worker mission - it was a sightseeing tour and biking excursion along the north side of the DMZ! WTH? THEN, the kid steals a poster from the worlds most repressive regime. This whole deal was 100% avoidable! 100%! This wasn't a bad decision - a bad decision is stealing beer from a convenience store or trying drugs. THIS was the single dumbest and most unnecessary decisions I've ever heard of and it's hard to imagine how this wasn't doomed to end this way.

I really feel for the loss of a child for ANY reason; and I'm trying to cut the family some slack. However, when I keep hearing the father claim that his son was, "lured" by the NK's and lay 100% of the blame at NK's feet, it rubs me wrong. That's just not the case and if I were him I'd be RIDDLED with guilt.

I hear people saying it's 'time to deal with NK' now that this tragic deal occurred. NO, it was time to deal with this LONG ago. And the stupidity of the Americans that continue to travel to this backward rogue nation, and continue to end up in captivity, only complicates matters and makes it harder to take a hard line! If the government takes a hard line and NK executes some hostages, then there's an outcry that the US government did wrong. It's a no-win situation. The US State Department has warned ALL US citizens not to travel to NK - for ANY reason! What more does it take? Idiots (no matter how well-intentioned) keep going over there and providing NK with hostages to keep us in line. They know we won't do anything too serious as long as there are US citizens being held. Stupid Americans just keep ignoring the State Department and providing NK with a source of hostages. Then, we all have to feel sorry for them and their families. Call me crazy or just mean but I'm done feeling sorry for people who play with fire and then get burned.

Well said

Comment

I didn't even want to got to South Korea, I was forced.

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post

Exactly!

Comment

Working...
                                X