No announcement yet.

Newb to Public Hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm also new to public hunting and plan to hog hunt lake lavon. Any tips?

Comment

Im new to public land and plan on hitting a hog at Tawakoni.

Comment

I'm new to this as well. My question pertains to after the kill. Am I responsible for removing the entire remains of the pig? Just curious on what everyone does.

Comment

No, it is not required to remove the remains of the pig once killed - they may be left in the field unless it clearly states within that particular Units Legal Game Box that it must not be left and removed.

Comment

thx for the response..going to do my hunters ed this weekend so looking forward to getting out there

Comment

It appears I don't have the ranking to post a new thread so I guess I will just hijack this one . I would like to get some feedback on what type of rigs you guys use when hunting. Are you using tree stand climbers or hang on stands with climbing sticks? Any advice would be appreciated.

Comment

any one know where to find any awdad at.

Comment

i use climber stands, much easier to set up and haul around. like a backpack.
                  Last edited by highteckredneck; 05-23-2013, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Southernboy View Post
                    but if your ever wanting to get together I can show you a couple spots on a wma near your neck of the woods and we can get you on some deer.
                    Just out of curiosity is this a normal sentiment in public hunting guys I'm new to hunting and actually feel pretty uncomfortable with the whole idea I actually just posted in the Whitney thread basically asking if anyone would be kind enough to show me around

Do people try to build friendships like you can develop on a lease people to talk to during the day brag to after a good hunt

Comment

Originally posted by 1TRACK View Post
                      It appears I don't have the ranking to post a new thread so I guess I will just hijack this one. Are you using tree stand climbers or hang on stands with climbing sticks? Any advice would be appreciated.
                      First I 2nd your sentiments and also apologize for hijacking the thread with my previous post but while I'm here I can offer advice that I was given at my bow shop.

Ladder stand with a make shift axle and two bicycle tires makes a great way to haul your gear in and deer out think of it like a wagon that you would pull behind you just a thought I mean it sounded good to me

Comment

Working...
                      X