Advice on a Pig...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on a Pig...

This pig looks like it has been cut at some time in the past and is very healthy. I have always heard that you cant eat a boar because the meat is horrible, but you can eat it if it has been cut. Is this true? This piggy looks good and tasty! What would you do...? It has been awhile sense i have seen one this filled out.
    Attached Files

We've eaten multiple boars of all sizes and they have tasted fine. Getting them quartered and on ice asap is the most important thing. But yeah he will taste just fine! Stick him!

Comment

Only one way to find out

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenWilly View Post
        We've eaten multiple boars of all sizes and they have tasted fine. Getting them quartered and on ice asap is the most important thing. But yeah he will taste just fine! Stick him!
        Bingo.

Comment

the key is to kill it dead. might sound stupid but dont when you shoot it you want it dead fast so you dont allow the meat to get all nasty with adrenaline.

Comment

Right on! Go let the air out of him and enjoy

Comment

I think think you're fine on this pig.... He doesn't look too big to be gamey

Comment

All of em are good to eat, cojones or no cojones

Comment

I've ate a bunch of boar hog's. Some are really good and other's not so much. Run a arra thru him!

Comment

Originally posted by Bonesplitter View Post
                    I've ate a bunch of boar hog's. Some are really good and other's not so much. Run a arra thru him!
                    ^^^^^^^this!

Comment

stick him

Comment

What I was told a long time back seems to hold true. If you kill a hog sow or boar and you cut into the meat as you are dressing it and the MEAT smells throw it out.

There does not appear to be a rhyme or reason why but some pigs of either sex have meat that is smelly and nasty.

Comment

Nailed it

Comment

I've eaten boars up too 300#. Just recently I posted a recipe for carnitas I made with the backstrap of the 300# hog and was extremely tasty and tender.

Comment

Punch a hole in him

Comment

Working...
                              X