Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opening day buck, brought me to tears...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opening day buck, brought me to tears...

Fair warning this will be a long read....

This past December the day after Christmas my grandad passed away after a long fight with pulmonary fibrosis. It was super tough on all of us even though we knew he was in a better place and could breathe on his own again. Growing up he owned his own business so he could come and go as he pleased and anytime I didn't have school him and I were going hunting or fishing. He was my best friend to say the least. My dad has hunted and fished with me my whole life too but has always been a workaholic so I spent more time with Bpa which made him and I so much closer. Fast forward to yesterday's bow opener. Sitting in my tripod just enjoying nature and the thought of him not being here this hunting season really hit me. I looked up to the heavens and had a long talk with him and told him how much I missed him and how the deer lease just didn't feel the same without him. Tears started to well up in my eyes and it was like he told me to quit being upset and get my head in the game. I wiped my eyes and not even 30 seconds later I hear hooves running my way from the left. I look up and all I saw was a wide rack through the cedars! I grabbed my bow off the hook and clipped my release on the loop. He was at a full blown trot as he got in front of me and then he stopped right in my last shooting lane and instantly looked straight away from me. I drew back , anchored, and then watched as the ramcat buried in his off side shoulder. He just dropped in his tracks! I couldn't believe how it all happened so fast! I instantly knew that Bpa had sent that buck to me. And I knew he was up there looking down with that great big contagious smile of his. The tears came back and I just sat there and let everything soak in, smiling up at him. I'm sorry for the long sappy story but I had to share it with my TBH family . Anyhow here's a few pics. Good luck to everyone out there and enjoy every second you can in the outdoors with the ones you love.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Congrats [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't apologize for anything, brother! Great story and great deer!

Comment

Congrats and sounds like a divine hunt.

Comment

Not sappy, just honest feelings.

Congrats on a great deer and an even better Grandfather!

Comment

Awesome buck buddy! Happy for you!

Comment

Nice buck. Congrats.

Comment

Great deer, congrats!

Comment

Nice deer!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Awesome story and amazing buck

Comment

Great buck and story congrats

Comment

Great deer and even better story!

Comment

Your story is in line with so many people on this site. Alot of us are missing those passed this year. Your Bpa is proud of you and with you always. From past memories to the new one. Awesome right up and a great buck. Congrats!!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats, good story thanks for sharing.

Comment

Beautiful trophy. Congrats and thanks for sharing.your story.

Comment

Working...
                              X