First Impression of Pulsar Themal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First Impression of Pulsar Themal

Ok. This thing is nothing short of fantastic!!

Did some scouting today and put some cameras up so I would have about a week of footage before opening day.

As I am walking around I wasn't constantly looking through the thermal monocular, but I did at different times. I was able to see deer clearly at pretty good distances.

Here is the wow moment though.

I was getting to a clearing and decided to kind of pan around. All of a sudden I see (2) just standing there. When I dropped the Pulsar down to see where they were, I couldn't see past the vegetation and leaves! Put the Pulsar back to my eyes, and BAM, no problem, there they were.

I love technology. Deer can't sneak up on you with this. And while walking around, I should know where they are right away. Money well spent in my mind. For what its worth. I'm still spending far less than what is spent on a deer lease. LOL

What kinda of distance where you getting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What model? Not familiar with these and a quick search showed many different kinds and models.

Comment

I have the pulsar XQ23V

Range was 50-100 yards

Comment

I rented a helion XP50 last month and tried it out hog hunting. Flat out amazing. No problem IDing hogs out to 500 yards and detecting hogs out to 1000 yards or so. Light weight, records video on board, battery lasts ages. Very impressed with Pulsar. Will buy one once the coffers get right

Comment

I went out this week to do some sweating, cough, I meant hunting. When the deer were actually moving, I seen them LONG before they seen me. The best was when I was sitting on a pine on the edge of a food plot. We are talking 100-150 yards of dark timber. I was up about 17 feet in the climber. My thermal picked up the deer moving easily behind the timber. This is at 100 yards. If it was a clearing, no problem with that 500 yards.

Comment

Thermal is a game changer for sure. I use thermal deer hunting more than I use my binoculars now days. I can spot deer 400 yards across the pasture while they are still on the edge of a treeline or I can see them coming from the woods and brush like you mentioned. It's great stuff and I tell my customers all the time that it's for more than just hog hunting!

Jason

Comment

That's right. I remember you telling me you have nice glass that you don't hardly use anymore since you started using the thermal.

Its almost anti climactic. Before, I would be looking around wondering if those sneeky deer were moving around like spiders in the brush. Now, I just do a quick scan. If I see deer, I know its time to go to work!

Comment

Working...
                X