Barndo Beaumont Area Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone built a Barndo in the Beaumont area? Me and my wife are about to get out of the sardine can neighborhood and get back to some land, and I really thing the best thing for our family right now will be a barndo. I'm thinking a 60' x 40' building, with the living area being 30' x 40' which rounds out to 1200 sq ft. This will be our home for a while until we save up enough cash to pay cash to build our forever home. Does anyone have any experience with barndo builders in the area? Anyone to stay away from? Any advice will be awesome! I've searched a bunch of threads and I think I know what to expect, but we're up for any information that can help us come out ahead. Also if you have a similar sized barndo please share some pics!

Originally posted by breederbuck33 View Post
    Has anyone built a Barndo in the Beaumont area? Me and my wife are about to get out of the sardine can neighborhood and get back to some land, and I really thing the best thing for our family right now will be a barndo. I'm thinking a 60' x 40' building, with the living area being 30' x 40' which rounds out to 1200 sq ft. This will be our home for a while until we save up enough cash to pay cash to build our forever home. Does anyone have any experience with barndo builders in the area? Anyone to stay away from? Any advice will be awesome! I've searched a bunch of threads and I think I know what to expect, but we're up for any information that can help us come out ahead. Also if you have a similar sized barndo please share some pics!

I’ve seen a few people go this route in the Beaumont area. I would suggest buying the land and paying it off while you live in your current house. Things tend to change while saving money to build. I’m 37 and every 5 to 10 years my forever home changes.

What area of Beaumont? Someone may be selling a Barnado with the right acreage now that you could move to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Black Ice; 09-04-2018, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
      I’ve seen a few people go this route in the Beaumont area. I would suggest buying the land and paying it off while you live in your current house. Things tend to change while saving money to build. I’m 37 and every 5 to 10 years my forever home changes.

Land is done and paid for. We'll sell our house, and hopefully between now and the time its all said and done be able to pay cash for everything. This is why we want to make the barndo nice enough that we'll like living there, with the option of an upstairs just in case our family grows while we are in there.

Comment

Land is done and paid for. We'll sell our house, and hopefully between now and the time its all said and done be able to pay cash for everything. This is why we want to make the barndo nice enough that we'll like living there, with the option of an upstairs just in case our family grows while we are in there.

What part of Beaumont area?

Comment

West of town. China/Sour Lake area.

Comment

West of town. China/Sour Lake area.

I grew up in that area and my folks have 60 acres off Brooks/Boyt road.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
              I grew up in that area and my folks have 60 acres off Brooks/Boyt road.

We'll be north of that. We'll be between hwy 90 and hwy 105. About 5 minutes from where Tram Rd runs into hwy 105.

Comment

I had a buddy who built one out towards Sour Lake and he suggested Bevilacqua Construction and I have another buddy building one currently who is using CRW contractors. CRW built one for his dad and he said it was quick and I’ve seen it and it turned out really nice.

Comment

Bando's aren't anything special to build most any of your reputable contractors can build it for you. The main thing is to have a good set of plans before you pour your foundation for plumbing and any floor electrical. I have a buddy that's a builder in Baytown/Mont Belvieu area but I don't think he will venture that far out. He has built a few of them around my area.

Comment

This popped up on Facebook the other week and I screen shot it. Might check them out does not seem like a bad deal.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by fowlwaters View Post
                      This popped up on Facebook the other week and I screen shot it. Might check them out does not seem like a bad deal.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
                      Man I'm for sure going to check that out. That's dang near exactly what we're after.

Comment

Originally posted by gander View Post
                        I had a buddy who built one out towards Sour Lake and he suggested Bevilacqua Construction and I have another buddy building one currently who is using CRW contractors. CRW built one for his dad and he said it was quick and I’ve seen it and it turned out really nice.
                        I don't know anything about barndo builders, but I do know Sammy Bevilacqua and he is a good dude and a good contractor.

Comment

Working...
                        X