No announcement yet.

Official Lake Whitney And Aquilla 2017-2018 Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope the first day of bow season is just like today. I just saw a nice 10 on the side of the road, he hadn't completely shed his velvet yet, but it was well on its way. Got me all excited!

Comment

A quick question. I am new to this area and public land hunting, but do I need to wear orange when I go scouting around?

I know I need to wear it when I hunt. Don't think I saw it said anything about wearing orange while scouting for spots.

Comment

May not be in the rules but would be smart to wear just in case someone has a nervous trigger finger. Lol!

Comment

Tt

Comment

Originally posted by Deafishunter View Post
            Tt
            Since you are not hunting, it isn't required. But would be a good idea to wear at least a hat or vest. I use a net type vest on warmer days to help keep my body from overheating. The netted vest are very visible and light weight. I've never had a ranger, or any other official, give me any grief about using one.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

I think the rule book say you have to have it only if your hunting. You can take it off once you get into your stand.

Comment

It's a cold 64 degrees here at Whitney.

Comment

Originally posted by Storm View Post
                  It's a cold 64 degrees here at Whitney.
                  That is 8 degrees warmer than here at the house this morning.
                  But bet it was nice compared to what it's been. Looks like we are in for a slight warm-up come Wednesday and following.

Comment

Already got 952 permits issued. Just printed mine out. Should be a great year.

Comment

Storm, may swing by opening weekend and visit for a few. Got a new to me boat, boss and me may fish that morning and then we will see what she has planned.

Good luck that weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                        Storm, may swing by opening weekend and visit for a few. Got a new to me boat, boss and me may fish that morning and then we will see what she has planned.

Good luck that weekend.
                        You know you have an invite wherever I'm at.

Comment

Wind in my face and deer in the corn.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Nice!!

I am ready.

Comment

Here ya go Storm.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170910_071604.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	24510295

Comment

H7

Does anyone on here hunt out at H7? Went out there Friday and found me a good tree, with a lot of tracks. Gonna go put some corn out next weekend. Sorry guys.....will be hunting this year with my xbow.... I'm a pretty good shot with it, to 60 yards, but it's just until I get more confident in shooting my Deploy.

Comment

Working...
                                X