Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you cover your hands while hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you cover your hands while hunting?

I have several kinds of gloves, all with 3 fingers cut off on the left glove(I shoot left handed). I like to be able to feel the bow in my hand, some gloves just do not give me the feel I want. Just wondering how everyone else covers their hands.

I have a heated hand muffle around my waist, very warm and keep hand warmers inside. I dont like to wear gloves.

Comment

I wear a glove on my left hand (bow hand) but not on my right. I shoot a thumb release, and have to feel everything to shoot worth a darn.

I just noticed that this is in the trad section. I don't hunt with any of my trad bows (or rather haven't since I was a kid chasing rabbits), but I doubt I could wear a pair of gloves and shoot with my fingers either.

Comment

Originally posted by bow4my2 View Post
        I have a heated hand muffle around my waist, very warm and keep hand warmers inside. I dont like to wear gloves.
        This is the way to do it.

Comment

Stick my hands in my sleeves until its game time.

Comment

I also wear a muff-type warmer around my waist. Staying bare handed gives me a better grip on the bow

Comment

I wear a glove on my bow hand all year so that I will be used to the way it feels when hunting season starts. My string hand stays bare so that I can feel the string. I use a muff when it is cold. Once you are accustomed to the way a glove feels on your bow hand, it doesn't make much difference in the way you shoot.

Wayne

Comment

Thanks guys, thought there might be something i was missing as far as gloves, I do have a muff also

Comment

Gloved bow hand, index finger tip cut from string hand. I wear thin non-insulated gloves and use a waist muff to warm hands when cold. sometimes with warmers.

Comment

Muff is the only way to go. Warm hands and full dexterity.

Comment

I wear a thin UA camo glove on my bow hand and a black three finger glove on string hand. My blinds are small and my bow hand is right in the window with my long bow and recurve at full draw. Deer don't like seeing my white hand.

Comment

I take my bow hand glove off when I think I might get a shot! I also use a hand warmer muff like what QB's use in football.

Bisch

Comment

You can cut out the palm of the bow hand for a skin on grip feel, or I just use the cheap thin gloves, and cut out the three shooting fingers at the knuckle on the shooting hand. I wear gloves to conceal hand movement, and for bug protection, not warmth.

Comment

Originally posted by bow4my2 View Post
                            This^^^^

Even though I'm sure his is a hello kitty muffle

Comment

Bare hands with either a muff, pockets, or a hoodie with the built in muff/pocket. I use hand warmers to keep my hands warm.

Don't forget about your face as well. I noticed the first year I was shooting compound that I couldn't get to anchor with my fleece facemask and glove as well. For my face, I now wear a hat and a insulated buff around my neck essentially giving me a 2 piece face mask that I can separate so my bare hand can touch my bare face. The nice thing about sporting a beard if you can drop the mask and not expose a lot of extra "white" from your face.

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
                              I wear a thin UA camo glove on my bow hand and a black three finger glove on string hand. My blinds are small and my bow hand is right in the window with my long bow and recurve at full draw. Deer don't like seeing my white hand.
                              I tried that this year for one weekend. Not sure if it made a difference or not. I use a burnt cork to paint my face, and also rub it on my hands to darken them up as well. It rubs off a bit, but it seems it does enough to dull down the "whiteness enough."

Comment

Working...
                              X