No announcement yet.

New (to me) Black Widow SAX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats, that's the best looking Widow I've seen, it even has the shelf on the right side.....

Comment

Originally posted by Billy Shipp View Post
      Congrats, that's the best looking Widow I've seen, it even has the shelf on the right side.....
      Yes Sir....I've always appreciated the way that Black Widow's shoot and feel....but this is one of the first ones that I actually LOVE the way it looks!!

And it is a nice bonus to have that shelf on the "right" side as well!!!

Comment

Ooooooo pretty

Comment

Never been a big widow fan (even though I've owned them) just because they all look the same, but that is one pretty bow!
          I like that they have started changing up from the same old autumn oak and gray bark laminations and doing more of the "exotic" series bows.

Comment

very cool!

Comment

Beauty!

Comment

Been wanting. Widow for a long time. She is a beaut

Comment

Danny,

NOW YOU ARE COOKIN'! Nice bow! That is almost as good a lookin' as my SAXS. Love the wood combination and that there is no red in it with that combination.

Hope you have years of enjoyment shooting it. I sure like mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Straitshot View Post
                    Danny,

NOW YOU ARE COOKIN'! Nice bow! That is almost as good a lookin' as my SAXS. Love the wood combination and that there is no red in it with that combination.

Hope you have years of enjoyment shooting it. I sure like mine.
                    Hey Louis, I was thinking about your SAXS when I bought this one!! Didn't you have antler bolts on it? I was thinking it was yours I had seen with them....may have to start shopping for a pair for this one!

Comment

I really like the wood combination. It is a pretty bow. I hope that you shoot it as well as it looks.

Comment

Congrats on a Beautiful bow. Oh, and the shelf is on the right side too.

Comment

Great looking bow. Only problem is the shelf was cut on the wrong side.

Comment

Danny,

Yes, I have antler bolts on mine. I ordered them from BW but asked them not to put the spider web on them. I wanted them plain so I could fix them up the way I wanted them to look. I scorched them with a torch so they didn't look so white and mounted sterling silver arrowheads on them. They turned out looking pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Straitshot View Post
                              Danny,

Yes, I have antler bolts on mine. I ordered them from BW but asked them not to put the spider web on them. I wanted them plain so I could fix them up the way I wanted them to look. I scorched them with a torch so they didn't look so white and mounted sterling silver arrowheads on them. They turned out looking pretty good.
                              I thought it was yours I saw those on!! I love the darker color! When I get some I will experiment a little with a torch to darken them up as well....

Comment

You might could save yourself a little more cash and just make them. I did for my takedown, though I did not do anything cool like scorch and silver.
                                I just took a large set of sheds, cut the length I wanted pilot the hole in the bottom where the screw head comes in and then set in JB Weld. I did engrave my initials and use a dark polish t darken the white.
                                If you will square off the shoulders of your bolt a little and not oversize the tap, then the bolt will fit snug and reduces the chance of twisting out the center.

Comment

Working...
                                X