Hunting Boot advice ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting Boot advice ?

I am looking for a mid height hunting boot that is really waterproof , at least against occasional water puddle or wet grass.
    Not looking for rubber boots Muck,lacrosse,etc. I am looking for a hiking hunting boot
    I will be in Colorado on the mountains so deff need comfort
    I have had quite a few diff boots over the years and none have really held up .
    Thanks, your friend D.
    Last edited by sasqy; 09-18-2017, 02:30 PM. Reason: Punctuation

I like my Salomon 4D GTX.

Comment

I have for years been a fan of the LL Bean style Maine Hunting Boot. Not the actual LL Bean boot itself but similar pac style boots. I just got a new pair from Schnees out of Bozeman Montana. Hand made in the USA. Mine are the uninsulated ones that are rubber on bottoms and leather on top. You can wear them in warm TX climates with no problem. Other models of the boot have insulated liners you can put inside the boot. These Schnees look like the real deal but I have not yet put them to the test.

Comment

If the link is right, I just bought these for my trip to Idaho.

Comment

Last year I got a pair of Danner steadfast 8" for my hunt. I got feet problems and this boot was so comfortable I wanted to sleep in them.

Comment

I've got a pair of Asolo 520 boots, like new, I'm looking to sell. Size 10

I'm too much of kenetrek boots fan to break my loyalty

Comment

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
              https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=l&ai=...QwjwIRA&adurl=
              If the link is right, I just bought these for my trip to Idaho.

I know the ones I bought are not cheap. A buddy at work told me that these were about the best boots for out west that are going to be abused. They have a lifetime defect warranty on them. I did buy a can of waterproofer.

Comment

Originally posted by ACook View Post
                I like my Salomon 4D GTX.
                I just got a pair of these. Have maybe 10 miles on em and so far, so good.

Comment

Keep them coming please !
                  I'm kind of mad at Cabelas and their warranty right now .

Comment

I just bought some Columbia waterproof hiking mid-tops from Academy and put some orthopedic gel insoles in them. We'll see how they pan out hunting for exotics this weekend and thru early season. I have some insulated muck boots for blind hunting in cooler weather but wanted something more comfortable for hiking or warmer weather.

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
                      Last year I got a pair of Danner steadfast 8" for my hunt. I got feet problems and this boot was so comfortable I wanted to sleep in them.

Good to hear, I just ordered a pair of the 6" and they are sitting on my doorstep right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Buy boots made in Europe. They will be expensive.

Made in Asia will disappoint you. They will be cheap.

Do not cheap out on boots. Invest the money in a good pair, and invest the time to break them in properly before your trip.

Comment

Danner....pick your style.

Comment

Just keep doing your research, The last boots I got about 10 years ago I researched for about 2 weeks.
                            The last two boot company's where Danner and Red Wing, ended up with Red Wing Irish Setters. I see they don't make the boot called Irish Setter anymore but they have a great line. Made in America, Mine are still going strong.
                            Last edited by Bassdeer; 09-18-2017, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X