Martin Jaguar Elite arrived!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martin Jaguar Elite arrived!

So my bow finally came! Cost $199.99 exact from TraderJans archery shop in Massachusetts. Gonna kinda do a review since I couldn't find any on the interweb.

First off, this thing is super light. It's got a magnesium riser which if you've ever held a feather, it's kind of like that. It is ILF compatible as well, the limbs that come with it are not ILF though. I'll eloborate, martin has their made in Italy by Ragim limbs that are called Elite limbs. Just screw those bad sallies on and that's that. But at the edge they have the pocket for the ILF little silver do-dad to pop in place then using the same bolt just screw it on as if screwing on the Elite limbs. I bought some ILF limbs from Caughtandhobble on here and they work great! Now, the riser is 18" so with the elite limbs it's 60" but with those trad tech it's another inch or so luckily Caughtandhobble is awesome and threw a string in on the deal(thanks again!) but the elite limbs feel awesome, I got the 55# and it feels more like 45-48, so I thought I was lied to but the scale gets em at 55 on the dot at 28, just super smooth and no stacking to the 29-30 that I yanked em to.
    Only dislike so far, the riser does have a radiused shelf which is awesome. But so that people could use add on rests they have the window .5-.75" past center! I built up my plate and got it shooting well but I switched back to the plunger that came with it since a 3/4" plate looks funny.

Then I started searching for the brace height. 7-8 is recommended and 7 3/4" sounded best/ shot best with my arrows so that's where it sits. Then I installed my silencers(decided to use some (something) jax since I couldn't find string leeches in the color I wanted). Then I installed OMP Remedy's on the limbs. WHOA! This thing got longbow quiet. Love it. And my bare shaft showed that a little weaker meaning I gained some speed!

Shot about 100 shafts before the cold had my fingers and toes numb so I quit but I did pretty good I'd say! This bow is a lot flatter shooting then my 63# which I'd say is do to a better limb and riser design. Heard there's a 3D shoot in Austin Sunday so I'll be there hopefully getting some 12s! Here's some pictures!
    Attached Files

Tips
    Attached Files

Comment

Awesome Dylan! If you can get out, bring it up to austin this weekend. A few of us are shooting sunday around 8 again.

Comment

ILF port for silver thingy
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Tracker0721; 02-05-2015, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Group at 10yds. The bareshaft almost hit the orange pen.
          Attached Files

Comment

20yds a little low. Shooting for the pink
            Attached Files

Comment

great shooting too! id take that 20 yards all day long!

Comment

Looking good Dylan!

Bisch

Comment

Thanks guys! I'll definitely be there Sunday Jon!

Comment

Cool bow, and good shooting.

Comment

Sweet, see you there brother

Comment

Nice bow, looks like it's shooter!

Comment

Originally posted by Tracker0721 View Post
                          Thanks guys! I'll definitely be there Sunday Jon!
                          well, I won't be at Austin! I hope you can make the Fredericksburg TBoT shoot on the 14th so I can check it out.

Bisch

Comment

Looks like a tack driver Dylan. Hope to check it out soon.

Don't be too hard on Jon and the other guys at Austin now :-)! I wish I could be two places at once.

Comment

Working...
                            X