Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSNBC poll : Do you agree with laws allowing teachers to carry concealed weapons?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

78 now
    Someone screen shot it so there is proof when morning joe changes it

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
      78 now
      someone screen shot it so there is proof when morning joe changes it

[ATTACH]898089[/ATTACH]

Comment

78 now. After the Sutherland springs church shooting we put a team together that week and have 4 members that cover the entrances to the church at are armed each Sunday
        Why would you not have trained teachers and administrators have access to weapons to save your kids life. There are too many sickos out there that are not getting the treatment they need and have access to weapons I wish the media would quit putting his picture on tv every news cast. Be prepared and you maybe spared.

Comment

Still 78

Comment

MSNBC will be claiming the poll was skewed by Russian bots ��

Comment

they will raise taxes to pay for it. NRA says they will perform training for free.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
                I’m assuming your a teacher? How does the teaching community feel about it?

I personally do want teachers to have the opportunity to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                My wife’s a teacher and she would carry. She’s never been a Navy Seal, but I promise she would do everything in her power to protect her babies.

Comment

Bad idea

In general, teachers with guns is an accident waiting to happen. Teacher shoots bad guy is a great narrative, but the reality is there could easily be more problems/deaths than caused by a mass shooter. 20% of armed teachers is like 15 million teachers with guns in school everyday, all day. There was a retired cop that was hired by a school in Michigan and he forgot his weapon on the toilet. How many headlines of "gun accidentally goes off hitting kindergartner in head" will there be? Teachers are not immune to mental illness either. What happens if a student having a bad day snaps and in the moment of rage gets the gun? What if there is a threat and the teacher misses and strikes a kid in the next room? I'm not saying there should be a law against teachers having guns in schools, or that there aren't places where it makes sense, I'm just pointing out that the reality might not be as simple as people are making it out to be.

Armed security in schools should be left to professionals of the highest caliber. Not minimum wage rent a cops, or well meaning gun fans that would like to swing by a school and help out. I think a new type of officer that specializes in school safety is needed.
                  Last edited by cabo390; 02-24-2018, 08:14 AM.

Comment

I just voted yes. It was at 64% in favor

Checked it, and it dropped to 63% in favor???

Comment

Just voted- 59%

Comment

Originally posted by cabo390 View Post
                        In general, teachers with guns is an accident waiting to happen. Teacher shoots bad guy is a great narrative, but the reality is there could easily be more problems/deaths than caused by a mass shooter. 20% of armed teachers is like 15 million teachers with guns in school everyday, all day. There was a retired cop that was hired by a school in Michigan and he forgot his weapon on the toilet. How many headlines of "gun accidentally goes off hitting kindergartner in head" will there be? Teachers are not immune to mental illness either. What happens if a student having a bad day snaps and in the moment of rage gets the gun? What if there is a threat and the teacher misses and strikes a kid in the next room? I'm not saying there should be a law against teachers having guns in schools, or that there aren't places where it makes sense, I'm just pointing out that the reality might not be as simple as people are making it out to be.

Armed security in schools should be left to professionals of the highest caliber. Not minimum wage rent a cops, or well meaning gun fans that would like to swing by a school and help out. I think a new type of officer that specializes in school safety is needed.

The armed professional in Florida was a sheriff deputy, not a rent a cop. Who says the teacher has to carry? Install safes in their rooms. The seconds it would take to retrieve the weapon is still much better than the minutes it takes professionals to be on scene. In fact just knowing teachers are armed in the buildings will probably discourage 9 out of ten of shootings from ever happening.

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                          I just voted yes. It was at 64% in favor

Checked it, and it dropped to 63% in favor???
                          Is there anything the left doesn't cheat at? My bet is, it ends up at 27%

The opposite of reality.

Comment

If you are going to use this argument then I assume you are against regular citizens being able to carry...seems like the same argument would apply.

Originally posted by cabo390 View Post

Comment

Down to 57%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Up

Comment

Working...
                                X