Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2018, 10:14 AM   #1
88 Bound
Ten Point
 
88 Bound's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Sutton/Val Verde/Edwards
Default Water stations for illegals???

I was heading back from the LLM last weekend and somewhere between the Yturria ranch and the checkpoint there were multiple water stations labeled "AGUA" with a big white flag flying stating the same. Is this taxpayer funded? Are we as a country encouraging illegals to cross over by providing water for them? I have a strong opinion about this, but I want to hear what you guys think.
88 Bound is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 10:17 AM   #2
Jmsck12
Ten Point
 
Jmsck12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: South Texas
Hunt In: Hidalgo County
Default Water stations for illegals???

Iíd rather have them come for that water and get caught then die in the brush, just my opinion though. I see those all the time going to and from school in kingsville.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Jmsck12; 07-03-2018 at 10:56 AM.
Jmsck12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 10:18 AM   #3
BlackHogDown
Ten Point
 
BlackHogDown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: NW Houston
Hunt In: Duval County, Livingston
Default

Yup. See them all over in Duval Co. I've got mixed feelings about them. I'd much rather have them drinking from water stations than breaking into my property or house and drinking from my hose. From what I've seen, they are located at intersections of roadways... Not intentional im sure but I feel they are more likely to get caught at these spots.

I doubt they are tax funded. Hope not...

https://humaneborders.org/our-mission/
BlackHogDown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 10:24 AM   #4
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Little bit ironic that they are signified by flying white flags. Maybe we really are surrendering
Playa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 10:28 AM   #5
hunt247
Ten Point
 
hunt247's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Stephenville
Hunt In: Saint Jo
Default

It's like Deer Feeders for the BP.
hunt247 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 10:32 AM   #6
WItoTX
Ten Point
 
WItoTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Katy
Hunt In: Wisconsin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt247 View Post
It's like Deer Feeders for the BP.
Kinda what I was thinking. Probably a lot better to collect a whole bunch in a planned, designated area rather than run into them miles from a road. To the extent it helps our BP, I hope they are taxpayer funded.
WItoTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 10:33 AM   #7
35remington
Pope & Young
 
35remington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Wilco
Hunt In: the dark
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt247 View Post
It's like Deer Feeders for the BP.
Winner.
35remington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 10:35 AM   #8
tbgascorer
Ten Point
 
tbgascorer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Tomball, TX
Hunt In: Mills County
Default

Watering stations already set up!
Name:  IM000068.JPG
Views: 748
Size:  250.9 KB
tbgascorer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 10:39 AM   #9
Bigdaddy
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: TEXAS
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunt247 View Post
It's like Deer Feeders for the BP.
well put
Bigdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 10:39 AM   #10
Thumper
Pope & Young
 
Thumper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Magnolia Texas
Default

I read they're funded with tax and donation dollars, also off limits to the border patrol. There's a no hunting over feeders(water stations) rule.








.

Last edited by Thumper; 07-03-2018 at 10:43 AM.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 10:40 AM   #11
BlackHogDown
Ten Point
 
BlackHogDown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: NW Houston
Hunt In: Duval County, Livingston
Default

^See, THAT I have a problem with
BlackHogDown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 10:44 AM   #12
El Viejo
Pope & Young
 
El Viejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Formerly Mission, now Irving
Hunt In: Where ever I can
Default

I'm very much against illegal immigration. I'm also against people dying of thirst in the brush country of South Texas. I think this is a good idea if it keeps people alive. If the BP wants to set in a stand nearby, that's fine with me, but word would get out and the illegals would avoid that area. They are very trap-smart.
El Viejo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 10:47 AM   #13
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackHogDown View Post
^See, THAT I have a problem with
Well they are migrant, so no baiting, just like dove, duck and geese
Playa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 10:49 AM   #14
Traildust
Pope & Young
 
Traildust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alvin, Texas
Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!
Default

Complete BS if you ask me. I guess it's better than the hundreds of water jugs lettering the side of the road I remember seeing 20 years ago.
Traildust is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 10:49 AM   #15
BlackHogDown
Ten Point
 
BlackHogDown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: NW Houston
Hunt In: Duval County, Livingston
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
Well they are migrant, so no baiting, just like dove, duck and geese
game birds are LEGAL migrants
BlackHogDown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 10:57 AM   #16
Chief Big Toe
Ten Point
 
Chief Big Toe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Caddo Mills
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmsck12 View Post
Iíd rather have them come for that water and get caught then die in the brush, just my opinion though. I see those all the time going to and from school in kingsville. I always see a border patrol truck relatively close by.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

growing down there between San Diego and Benavidez, I remember my Aunt feeding the walkers, and giving them water and tacos .. back in the 70's
Chief Big Toe is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 11:19 AM   #17
88 Bound
Ten Point
 
88 Bound's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Sutton/Val Verde/Edwards
Default

I agree that its like a bait station, but the word gets out that we have watering stations in place for illegals and I don't doubt for a single second that it encourages many more to try their luck and come on over....

I guess my main problem with it is that:
A) we are all most likely paying for this
B) it in no way discourages them from coming over.

It's like HEB making food labels in Spanish. Let's make it even easier for these people to come to our country and thrive. I know Mexico wouldn't make thing easier for us if the shoe was on the other foot....just sayin'.....
88 Bound is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 11:21 AM   #18
88 Bound
Ten Point
 
88 Bound's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Sutton/Val Verde/Edwards
Default

I also understand your points of view about helping keep someone alive. But I have a different opinion. If you want to get over here so bad, figure it out. We should in no way make a situation easier for people and then be complaining about the problem we have with illegal foot traffic. I am an Aggie, but that still makes no sense to me!
88 Bound is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 12:18 PM   #19
Tuffbroadhead
Pope & Young
 
Tuffbroadhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Weatherford.....
Default

Regardless of who they are or where they come from, dying of Heatstroke/dehydration is a horrible way to go out of this world even worse if all they have is good intentions of making a better life for themselves and their children. I have hunted many places in South Texas and almost all left food and water outside for the illegals so they would not find a corpse on the property or have something broken into because they are looking for food and water. I have seen bad guys and good people out their on foot, some I have called in and others I offered help and compassion. I spent quite a few years working in Mexico, for the most part the people are good people and just want better for their families, I cant and wont deny a honest man that. DO I wish they would come over legally, Yes Sir. But I also know how long the wait is and the red tape they have to dance through and completely understand it, I have friends that recently processed through, with a attorney it took them almost 6 years start to finish, they had money. Sadly most do not have money and the wait is worse.
Tuffbroadhead is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 12:25 PM   #20
Walker
Ten Point
 
Walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Antonio
Default

First and foremost they are human beings.
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 12:30 PM   #21
2B4Him
Ten Point
 
2B4Him's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Aledo
Hunt In: Only my dreams for now.
Default

I would definitely prefer to see tax dollars spent on keeping our borders safe and secure, rather than making it easier for folks to illegally come here.
Yet, I do not want anyone to suffer an agonizing death when/if it can be prevented.
If we know people are travelling a particular route and are in high risk of danger/the elements and we do nothing, what does that say about us?
See Luke 10:25-37 for what we should do and who is our 'neighbor'.
2B4Him is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 12:36 PM   #22
Mike D
Pope & Young
 
Mike D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Haskell County, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
Regardless of who they are or where they come from, dying of Heatstroke/dehydration is a horrible way to go out of this world even worse if all they have is good intentions of making a better life for themselves and their children. I have hunted many places in South Texas and almost all left food and water outside for the illegals so they would not find a corpse on the property or have something broken into because they are looking for food and water. I have seen bad guys and good people out their on foot, some I have called in and others I offered help and compassion. I spent quite a few years working in Mexico, for the most part the people are good people and just want better for their families, I cant and wont deny a honest man that. DO I wish they would come over legally, Yes Sir. But I also know how long the wait is and the red tape they have to dance through and completely understand it, I have friends that recently processed through, with a attorney it took them almost 6 years start to finish, they had money. Sadly most do not have money and the wait is worse.


Canít agree with you on this one. Come into the port of entry correctly or donít come at all.

If you choose to itís at your own risk, period.

ďGood peopleĒ donít break the law.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 12:43 PM   #23
Tuffbroadhead
Pope & Young
 
Tuffbroadhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Weatherford.....
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post

ďGood peopleĒ donít break the law.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
That's funny, I believe we are both good people and I'll almost bet you that you break the law every day..hell I know I do
Tuffbroadhead is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 01:05 PM   #24
88 Bound
Ten Point
 
88 Bound's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Sutton/Val Verde/Edwards
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
Regardless of who they are or where they come from, dying of Heatstroke/dehydration is a horrible way to go out of this world even worse if all they have is good intentions of making a better life for themselves and their children. I have hunted many places in South Texas and almost all left food and water outside for the illegals so they would not find a corpse on the property or have something broken into because they are looking for food and water. I have seen bad guys and good people out their on foot, some I have called in and others I offered help and compassion. I spent quite a few years working in Mexico, for the most part the people are good people and just want better for their families, I cant and wont deny a honest man that. DO I wish they would come over legally, Yes Sir. But I also know how long the wait is and the red tape they have to dance through and completely understand it, I have friends that recently processed through, with a attorney it took them almost 6 years start to finish, they had money. Sadly most do not have money and the wait is worse.
Good point. In no way do I wish intentional harm on anyone, but if the shoe was on the other foot no one would give a flip. My main view is with Mike D. Do it correctly or take the gamble, knowing the potential danger. We,as a country, have a huge border problem. But in being good stewards of humanity we are making it worse on ourselves. And probably at the expense of taxpayers to boot.
88 Bound is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 01:08 PM   #25
DUKFVR
Pope & Young
 
DUKFVR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sorry Azz Houston
Hunt In: San Saba,TX
Default

Shouldn't be there IMO. Come legal or take the chance. Call me callous, cruel or whatever. You are a criminal & if you perish so be it. I don't have to pay tax dollars to run you through the system.
DUKFVR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 01:17 PM   #26
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Actions come with risks and consequences.
They all know the risks and they know what the potential consequences are.

I don't want anyone to die.. but I wont be guilt shamed because someone took it upon themselves to chance the risk and lost.
I wont enable them either.

"YOU COULD DIE" should be a sufficient deterrent to committing the crime....keeps me from doing some pretty stupid ****.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 01:22 PM   #27
Lynn21
Ten Point
 
Lynn21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Mesquite,texas
Hunt In: Childress, Tx
Default

I'll go ahead and ask- can I put a bow blind up on one of em?
Lynn21 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 01:39 PM   #28
Tuffbroadhead
Pope & Young
 
Tuffbroadhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Weatherford.....
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
Actions come with risks and consequences.
They all know the risks and they know what the potential consequences are.

"YOU COULD DIE" should be a sufficient deterrent to committing the crime....keeps me from doing some pretty stupid ****.
Hypothetically speaking along those very lines, A fella had his Passport seized by Officials in Ecuador, his employer might have told him to go home by any means necessary . The border between Ecuador and Columbia is bad, or so they say...I bet it took him 3 weeks to make it back into the the US..
I'm betting "You could die" crossed his mind a few times but did not even slow him down..
Tuffbroadhead is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 01:43 PM   #29
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
Hypothetically speaking along those very lines, A fella had his Passport seized by Officials in Ecuador, his employer might have told him to go home by any means necessary . The border between Ecuador and Columbia is bad, or so they say...I bet it took him 3 weeks to make it back into the the US..
I'm betting "You could die" crossed his mind a few times but did not even slow him down..
took the risk and won.
Not sure what your point was?
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 01:44 PM   #30
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young
 
iamntxhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dallas
Hunt In: North Texas
Default

It shouldn't be as quick and easy as doing an address change to become a citizen of the United States of America. It should be a hard process because then it has meaning to those that achieved it.
By us allowing illegal aliens to circumvent the legal process is a slap in the face to those that came here legally and those that are in the process to do so.
I believe it also makes a statement that we as Americans don't value our country or our own citizenship.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
Regardless of who they are or where they come from, dying of Heatstroke/dehydration is a horrible way to go out of this world even worse if all they have is good intentions of making a better life for themselves and their children. I have hunted many places in South Texas and almost all left food and water outside for the illegals so they would not find a corpse on the property or have something broken into because they are looking for food and water. I have seen bad guys and good people out their on foot, some I have called in and others I offered help and compassion. I spent quite a few years working in Mexico, for the most part the people are good people and just want better for their families, I cant and wont deny a honest man that. DO I wish they would come over legally, Yes Sir. But I also know how long the wait is and the red tape they have to dance through and completely understand it, I have friends that recently processed through, with a attorney it took them almost 6 years start to finish, they had money. Sadly most do not have money and the wait is worse.
Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
iamntxhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 01:50 PM   #31
Tuffbroadhead
Pope & Young
 
Tuffbroadhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Weatherford.....
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
took the risk and won.
Not sure what your point was?

Point is, people make choices that affect their lives every day, good or bad and life goes on. Its easy to set back in our chairs in this wonderful country of ours and pass judgement on some one else, heck, truth is I have never seen life from their prospective but I'm pretty sure their life sucks and well, mine is pretty good. If I was in their shoes I would want better for my children and would do everything in my power to improve their life by whatever means necessary.
Tuffbroadhead is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 01:52 PM   #32
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynn21 View Post
I'll go ahead and ask- can I put a bow blind up on one of em?
They are human beings, not wild animals, get some perspective.

I don’t support illegal immigration, but I also won’t tolerate the discussion of murdering them.

Last edited by Playa; 07-03-2018 at 01:54 PM.
Playa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 01:58 PM   #33
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
Point is, people make choices that affect their lives every day, good or bad and life goes on. Its easy to set back in our chairs in this wonderful country of ours and pass judgement on some one else, heck, truth is I have never seen life from their prospective but I'm pretty sure their life sucks and well, mine is pretty good. If I was in their shoes I would want better for my children and would do everything in my power to improve their life by whatever means necessary.
Thats not the discussion.
The discussion is about enabling them as they continue to break the countrys immigration laws.
Their reasoning for breaking the laws of this country does not change the risk or consequences.. and removing that risk or consequence doesnt deter them from doing it..in fact it encourages it.
Their plight, is a fault of their country, their government, and in actuality themselves for not spending the same effort they do getting out (and sending money back) on fixing their country.
Not ours.
Choices come with consequences.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 02:03 PM   #34
batmaninja
Ten Point
 
batmaninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
If I was in their shoes I would want better for my children and would do everything in my power to improve their life by whatever means necessary.
Even if it meant taking from somebody else?

You seem to have your heals dug in here for emotional reasons, and I honestly agree with you to an extent. But running away from a bad situation isnt always the answer, sometimes staying and fighting for what is right, is the right thing to do. I mean I am sure glad my forefathers didnt run away when things got tough for them.

And if the kid isnt born here, what real benefit was there in bringing a child into a foreign country through a desert?
batmaninja is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 02:04 PM   #35
jer_james
Ten Point
 
jer_james's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: North Dallas
Default

I dont mind the water stations - I do mind Border Patrol or anyone else being told not to detain any illegal immigrant while at the station.
jer_james is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 02:07 PM   #36
Tuffbroadhead
Pope & Young
 
Tuffbroadhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Weatherford.....
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
Their plight, is a fault of their country, their government, and in actuality themselves for not spending the same effort they do getting out (and sending money back) on fixing their country.

Finally, something we agree on
Tuffbroadhead is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 02:27 PM   #37
Tuffbroadhead
Pope & Young
 
Tuffbroadhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Weatherford.....
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post
Even if it meant taking from somebody else?

You seem to have your heals dug in here for emotional reasons, and I honestly agree with you to an extent. But running away from a bad situation isnt always the answer, sometimes staying and fighting for what is right, is the right thing to do. I mean I am sure glad my forefathers didnt run away when things got tough for them.

And if the kid isnt born here, what real benefit was there in bringing a child into a foreign country through a desert?
Like I said, I have not seen life through their eyes, but I'm betting it looks bleak. Government Corruption, Drugs, Gangs, daily murders surrounding you on all sides, a education system that is almost non existent. Sure people scratch out a living over there and its not easy but its life its a hard life. If you were a father dealing with that on a daily basis and you knew what your children were faced with in daily life and growing up and hope was 300 miles away ask yourself what choices you would make to ensure your family had a better chance?


We would all like to say , we would do it right, we would follow the law and hopefully make a new life and show our family the right way to do it, the legal way, the just way. For those with money and the will to do it right it all starts with immigration and hopefully a immigration attorney and a lot of time. But what about that Father that feels the world shrinking around him and feels there is no way out but to run for it. Come over illegally and get a job and send money home to improve your families chances and improve their lives. They are criminals no doubt about it, they have broken our laws, they did it all wrong, if the shoe was on the other foot ask yourself honestly what would you have done.

As for the water stations, I simply don't care but I also believe they should not be paid for with our tax dollars and should be fair game for ICE to detain and deport.
Tuffbroadhead is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 02:40 PM   #38
batmaninja
Ten Point
 
batmaninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

The illegals are improving their lives, by taking from others. It really is that simple.
batmaninja is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 02:45 PM   #39
Traildust
Pope & Young
 
Traildust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alvin, Texas
Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
They are human beings, not wild animals, get some perspective.

I donít support illegal immigration, but I also wonít tolerate the discussion of murdering them.
Your sarcasm meters broke, Snowflake

I'm 100% sure not a single person on this site would advocate injuring or killing an illegal......unless they were in harms way.

Seeing whats coming over the border, that might be a 50/50 chance
Traildust is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 02:51 PM   #40
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
Your sarcasm meters broke, Snowflake

I'm 100% sure not a single person on this site would advocate injuring or killing an illegal......unless they were in harms way.

Seeing whats coming over the border, that might be a 50/50 chance
Nope, working just fine and recently changed out the backup batteries. I just don’t find that to be a joking matter. Would it be ok if I mentioned killing your wife, kids, or parent, I mean if I was being sarcastic and all.

Self defense is one thing and different, doesent matter who it is
Playa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 03:02 PM   #41
Tuffbroadhead
Pope & Young
 
Tuffbroadhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Weatherford.....
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post
The illegals are improving their lives, by taking from others. It really is that simple.

All of them?

What are they taking? Its not jobs, we all know that you must fill out a I9 and be legally documented to work here

I cant remember the last time I saw a white fella work concrete, frame a house, landscape crew, work in the fields.. Fact is they wont take the work and the pay is good.. 30 years ago it was a different story because folks were willing to work hard to earn a living, now as a society we are soft and want things easy. Its easy to say they are stealing our jobs, but the fact stands we are to dang lazy to get out and do the job ourselves, so they aren't really taking jobs.
Tuffbroadhead is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 03:18 PM   #42
Traildust
Pope & Young
 
Traildust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alvin, Texas
Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
Nope, working just fine and recently changed out the backup batteries. I just donít find that to be a joking matter. Would it be ok if I mentioned killing your wife, kids, or parent, I mean if I was being sarcastic and all.

Self defense is one thing and different, doesent matter who it is
BAHAHAHAHAHA! I don't have any family members breaking into another country but hey it's your story tell it how you want to
Traildust is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 03:22 PM   #43
batmaninja
Ten Point
 
batmaninja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Hunt In: Hill Country
Default

Cmon man, you are grasping every fallacy possible. I didnt even bring up jobs? Shoot, a few posts ago, you really were only guessing or betting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
Like I said, I have not seen life through their eyes, but I'm betting it looks bleak.
Do you honestly think illegal immigration is the way to benefit your kids? Take it out a few generations do you really think illegal immigration will benefit mexico, central america? Who do you think benefits from importing cheap labor?

They are taking tax dollars that they dont pay into. Those tax dollars could and IMHO should be used for citizens. Yes all of them, starting with the ones drinking tax payer funded water in S Texas.

Anything given to somebody, must be taken from another first. All day. Errrryday. Twice on Sundai.
batmaninja is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 03:31 PM   #44
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traildust View Post
BAHAHAHAHAHA! I don't have any family members breaking into another country but hey it's your story tell it how you want to
Truly your lack of regard for a human life is despicable. You think you are somehow better than another human because of circumstances beyond human control of which country they were born. You didnít choose to be born an American neither did they choose to be born <insert craphole country>. Their life is no more or less valuable than yours. Trespass isnít an offense worthy of taking a life.

Again, Iím not condoning illegal immigration, but I also do not condone the flippant remarks about taking their lives.
Playa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 03:51 PM   #45
Traildust
Pope & Young
 
Traildust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alvin, Texas
Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
Truly your lack of regard for a human life is despicable. You think you are somehow better than another human because of circumstances beyond human control of which country they were born. You didnít choose to be born an American neither did they choose to be born <insert craphole country>. Their life is no more or less valuable than yours. Trespass isnít an offense worthy of taking a life.

Again, Iím not condoning illegal immigration, but I also do not condone the flippant remarks about taking their lives.
It wasnt even my joke. You're reading into his sarcasm way, way too hard

The fact that you're butthurt over another posters joke ........and attacking me

Is.
******.
Funny.

You better stay inside tomorrow, you won't last 2 minutes
Traildust is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 04:46 PM   #46
LWC
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
All of them?

What are they taking? Its not jobs, we all know that you must fill out a I9 and be legally documented to work here

I cant remember the last time I saw a white fella work concrete, frame a house, landscape crew, work in the fields.. Fact is they wont take the work and the pay is good.. 30 years ago it was a different story because folks were willing to work hard to earn a living, now as a society we are soft and want things easy. Its easy to say they are stealing our jobs, but the fact stands we are to dang lazy to get out and do the job ourselves, so they aren't really taking jobs.
Not true. They drive down the cost of labor to the point where they are the only ones that are willing to do said job...at that level of pay. If there weren't 10's of millions of illegals, the cost of labor would be at a point where the jobs would be filled by Americans. Simple supply and demand. The cost of goods would be much higher, but the jobs would be filled by Americans at some higher (labor price) point. It is an economic fact.
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 05:03 PM   #47
mchildress
Ten Point
 
mchildress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Sealy,Tx
Hunt In: Polk
Default

I thought those were pee stations. My Bad
mchildress is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 05:19 PM   #48
2Lazy2P
Ten Point
 
2Lazy2P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: NE Texas
Hunt In: NE Texas/SE Oklahoma
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchildress View Post
I thought those were pee stations. My Bad
Lol
2Lazy2P is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 05:30 PM   #49
BolilloLoco
Ten Point
 
BolilloLoco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Cypress
Hunt In: Old Mexico, Washington County & Harris County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mchildress View Post
I thought those were pee stations. My Bad
Me too
BolilloLoco is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-03-2018, 05:30 PM   #50
Pilgrim
Eight Point
 
Pilgrim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: NE Tx
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
I cant remember the last time I saw a white fella work concrete, frame a house, landscape crew, work in the fields.. Fact is they wont take the work and the pay is good.. 30 years ago it was a different story because folks were willing to work hard to earn a living, now as a society we are soft and want things easy. Its easy to say they are stealing our jobs, but the fact stands we are to dang lazy to get out and do the job ourselves, so they aren't really taking jobs.
The pay may be good now but 25 years ago when I worked in labor related fields they were undercutting American workers by accepting less pay. I could have taken the lower pay but I didnít really relish living with 9 people in my house which was the norm for the ones I knew at the time. I would suspect that the inability to speak Spanish today would prevent many that would be willing to work in these fields if the pay has become ďgoodĒ again.
Pilgrim is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com