Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 06-27-2018, 11:29 AM   #1
jerp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Shackleford Co.
Default Mayhem in Mexico – things are going to only get worse on our border

Have you been following this story? National elections are coming next week in Mexico - so far over 120 candidates (most running for local office) have been assassinated along with dozens of family members. It is believed that many of these murders have been committed by corrupt police officers who work for the cartels. State Department “Do not travel” advisories are in place for 5 Mexican states. Things are so bad that the governor of Tamaulipas has told citizens not to travel through Reynosa – right across from McAllen.

To add to our problem it is looking likely that hard-left populist Andres’ Obrador will win the presidency. It remains to be seen how far left he will go, but many have compared him to Hugo Chavez. The poor/common folk of Mexico are behind him which is not surprising after decades under the corrupt, elite ruling class. However some fear an Obrador presidency will lead the country down the same path recently traveled by Venezuela. He has been in the news lately for declaring mass immigration to the United States a “human right” for all Mexicans. His quote:
“And soon, after the victory of our movement — we will defend all the migrants in the American continent and all the migrants in the world,” Obrador said, adding that immigrants “must leave their towns and find a life in the United States.”
Do you think he and Trump are going to bump heads?
jerp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 11:33 AM   #2
J Sweet
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon/Madsion County

Ryans House Bill gives 2.2 million illegals amnesty so the Republican House will get along real fine with him. Together they can defeat Trump.
J Sweet is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 11:37 AM   #3
BigWes
Eight Point

Hunt In: Grimes County

It's confusing to me how a candidate for the Mexican Presidency would run while advocating for his citizens to be able to come to the US and become citizens here. Wouldn't he rather that they stay and to campaign on the platform of him cleaning up the corrupt government/cartel machine there in Mexico?

SMH.
BigWes is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 11:52 AM   #4
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

With the corruption and cartels , is it even possible for Mexico to become a Venezuela?
The government is NOT in control of mexico.. and the cartels arent going to react well to government thinking they are..
think he'll just be another in a long line of corrupt politicians either doing the bidding of or doing the bare minimum as not to upset the cartels.. dont see that changing.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 11:55 AM   #5
systemnt
Pope & Young

Hunt In: South Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWes View Post
It's confusing to me how a candidate for the Mexican Presidency would run while advocating for his citizens to be able to come to the US and become citizens here. Wouldn't he rather that they stay and to campaign on the platform of him cleaning up the corrupt government/cartel machine there in Mexico?

SMH.
The amount of money being sent 'home' from the US to Mexico is staggering. Thats the incentive to not close their borders and to advocate their citizens to cross.
systemnt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 12:01 PM   #6
batmaninja
Ten Point

Hunt In: Hill Country

https://nypost.com/2018/06/12/mexica...lfie-with-fan/

Graphic video of a politician getting shot point blank. But it is worth watching. Really scary what is going on at our back door.
batmaninja is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 12:04 PM   #7
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Hunt In: Navarro County

I’ll say it again just annex MEXICO and make it the 51st state. Problem solved!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
OldRiverRat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 12:04 PM   #8
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:

SMH.
Not only that. He has been CAMPAIGNING in American cities for the Mexican election. His stance is it is a human right for anyone in the world to come to the United States. Odd times for sure. Mexico has pretty much been a communist state for the past century. Looks like they're probably going to go further down the rabbit hole.

You think the border is bad now. In the next decade or two, there will be a Venezuelan like crisis directly south of us. There will be "refugee" camps numbering in the hundreds of thousands on our border. It's going to get dicey.
Clay C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 12:04 PM   #9
jerp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Shackleford Co.

Quote:

SMH.
My guess is it's all about remittances. Last year it is estimated that illegals sent $25-30 billion back to Mexico. That source of foreign income even outpaced tourism and oil exports. More illegals here means more $ there. What is especially galling is that many illegals receive benefits from federal, state and local governments - that frees up the cash they can send back to Mexico.
jerp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 12:05 PM   #10
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
The amount of money being sent 'home' from the US to Mexico is staggering. Thats the incentive to not close their borders and to advocate their citizens to cross.

Why would any leader of mexico NOT advocate for his citizens to invade the US.

Their elections are Just another example why America in less than 300 years has surpassed every other nation on earth......but we are quickly trying to destroy ourselves
flywise is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 12:07 PM   #11
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

I haven't seen any of this in the news??

Just ads promoting Mexico as a great vacation getaway.
Attached Images

Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 12:45 PM   #12
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
I haven't seen any of this in the news??

Just ads promoting Mexico as a great vacation getaway.
Take the tin foil off your head and Mexico is rainbows and unicorns that fart blue bell ice cream.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 01:08 PM   #13
Johnny Dangerr
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mainly Guide Now

Might be Mexico's last election...............

Build the darn wall..................
Johnny Dangerr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 01:27 PM   #14
Thumper
Pope & Young

Sounds like we're headed for a closed DMZ border with Mexico.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 01:35 PM   #15
chopsknives
Associate Sponsor

Build the wall, build the wall, build the dam wall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
chopsknives is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 01:56 PM   #16
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldRiverRat View Post

That only makes the currently indirect problem of Mexico a direct problem. Solves nothing.
Playa is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 02:03 PM   #17
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
With the corruption, cartels a solid border wall needs to be in the near future
Old 06-27-2018, 02:10 PM   #18
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

So wouldn't this help the lefts agenda in painting the picture of the terribly conditions they are fleeing from?
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 02:29 PM   #19
BigWes
Eight Point

Hunt In: Grimes County

Quote:
Originally Posted by systemnt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
My guess is it's all about remittances. Last year it is estimated that illegals sent $25-30 billion back to Mexico. That source of foreign income even outpaced tourism and oil exports. More illegals here means more $ there. What is especially galling is that many illegals receive benefits from federal, state and local governments - that frees up the cash they can send back to Mexico.
This makes sense.
BigWes is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 02:31 PM   #20
Shane
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mismatched camo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
It's also about making sure people from other countries don't stay in Mexico. They want them passing on through to the US so they don't have to deal with them in Mexico.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 02:59 PM   #21
Mexico
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaninja View Post
https://nypost.com/2018/06/12/mexica...lfie-with-fan/

Graphic video of a politician getting shot point blank. But it is worth watching. Really scary what is going on at our back door.
Happens every election year this is nothing new...
Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 03:48 PM   #22
stickerpatch59
Pope & Young

Hunt In: gonzales, and....

Quote:

SMH.
he should be real proud of his pos country
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 03:51 PM   #23
stickerpatch59
Pope & Young

Hunt In: gonzales, and....

Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post
With the corruption, cartels a solid border wall needs to be in the near future
personally i'm going with mine field.
stickerpatch59 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 04:03 PM   #24
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
That only makes the currently indirect problem of Mexico a direct problem. Solves nothing.

Actually it does solve all the problems. We take direct control and rid the country of the cartel via military aviation, issue SS Numbers to everyone and then all of MEXICO is living the dream. 5 years of US investment whereby business owners can own a majority stake in biz in Mexico and the country would be a different place.

Old 06-27-2018, 05:00 PM   #25
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Hunt In: BWD

Mexico is not a country, it's a failed narco state.
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 05:35 PM   #26
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I hope and it's only about 20 year too late.. Better late than never.. Without a wall it's the affective option at this point..
Do it..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 05:38 PM   #27
quackadikt
Eight Point

Hunt In: Wherever I can

Quote:
Actually it does solve all the problems. We take direct control and rid the country of the cartel via military aviation, issue SS Numbers to everyone and then all of MEXICO is living the dream. 5 years of US investment whereby business owners can own a majority stake in biz in Mexico and the country would be a different place.

Agree 100%. Then the wall we'd have to build would be a lot shorter too

There's too much to enjoy in Mexico for it to be the chithole that it is.
quackadikt is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 05:46 PM   #28
chopsknives
Associate Sponsor

NK has some of prettiest beaches around but it's nope for me too!!
chopsknives is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 05:47 PM   #29
flywise
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackadikt View Post

Its unfortunate that it is a crap hole. I'd love to go back but i dont see that happening in the near future. This new leader is sure to make things much worse...think Venezuela.
Old 06-27-2018, 05:49 PM   #30
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackadikt View Post

Exactly, it would likely cost us less in the long run than building a wall

Old 06-27-2018, 06:44 PM   #31
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

I thought this thread was going to be about the World Cup loss
Pedernal is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 06:52 PM   #32
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

The official number has already jumped to 129 candidates as of today!!

Total reported narco related murders for May alone was 2,890!! Highest in a singe month since 1997.

You gotta wonder how much worse central america is if all this is happening SOTB & no asylum granted for Mexican civi's. Even the trump admin won't touch this...amazing of the rampant media blackout.

(article chopped up from c/p)

Interesting take from last week:

“The Bullet of Impunity”

June 18, 2018

The bullet that killed Fernando Purón Johnston , PRI candidate for federal deputy in Piedras Negras, Coahuila on Friday, June 8, was the same one used six days earlier, on June 2, that killed Pamela Terán Pineda, candidate for councilor El Juchitán , Oaxaca, and Juana Maldonado Infante, candidate for local deputy in Jopala, Puebla .

The same bullet was used the next day, on Saturday June 9, which wounded Rosely Magaña, candidate for councilor in Isla Mujeres, Quintana Roo, who died 72 hours later. And it was the same bullet that killed Alejandro Chávez, candidate for mayor of Taretan, Michoacán on Thursday, June 14th.

This same bullet has killed 44 pre-candidates and candidates for election and other 70 officials and political figures in this election process. No ballistic proof is needed to sustain the claim, just follow the path of the bullet of impunity.

The person who ordered Purón's murder probably knew that nothing was going to happen to him, because nothing happened to Terán's murderer , and he knew that Salado's murderer had nothing happen to him and so goes back in time the long thread of impunity.

I get the impression that we already saw this movie. The sequence of candidates killed in the current electoral process in Mexico is very similar to the list of dozens of journalists killed in Mexico in the last decade. A succession of crimes that alarm at first, but have become normalized.

Candidates and journalists are two high-risk groups in Mexico. Of course, they are not the only ones, they are only two subgroups of rampant unabated violence that last year averaged 20 victims a day and of which there is no end in sight.

While the motive of each murder is particular, in the case of journalists and candidates, a common thread unites them in that the victims may have touched powerful interests that prefer to use violence to end threats because they live in a country with a broken rule of law. Violence is a cheap, fast and easy remedy to perceived threats to institutions.

Throughout this succession of crimes there are those who warn about the gestation of an epidemic but their voices are drowned because nothing ever happens, until a high-profile case arrives that causes greater impact, which raises the volume of the complaints, although the increasing demand for sentencing does not end up solving anything.

The "strong condemnation" that we hear from the authorities is just a placebo that shows its inefficiency. Worse yet, when those high-profile cases are registered in the highest spheres of authority, after having ignored dozens of other cases, things are only likely to get worse.

Fernando Purón was the highest-profile candidate killed in the current electoral process, as he was the first candidate to hold a federal election position, while the previous candidates had been candidates for local positions in small municipalities.

His death was the first that merited the presence of a member of the cabinet of President Enrique Peña Nieto at the funeral. The Secretary of Labor, Roberto Campa, traveled to Piedras Negras as the presidential representative, but also with the same common promises to deliver justice.

Something similar happened with the case of Javier Valdez, the highest profile journalist killed in Mexico in recent years.

A year ago, when Javier Valdez was gunned down in Culiacán, Peña Nieto spoke for the first time about the murder of a journalist, after having ignored 35 previous crimes committed during his six-year term . The president brought together the security cabinet and the governors, issued instructions to strengthen the protection of journalists and promised that the killing would not go unpunished.

A year later, two of the three men who attacked Valdez on May 15, 2017 have been detained, but accused only of the material authorship of the crime, because until now the intellectual authors enjoy the same impunity enjoyed by those responsible for dozens of previous murders.

It is easy to conclude that if the murder of a nationally and internationally recognized journalist provoked the reaction of the same President of the Republic but the crime still goes unpunished, anyone who is thinking of killing a lesser-known journalist than Javier Valdez can reasonably think he or she will get away with it.

In fact, there were already some who thought about it: in 2017 six more journalists were killed after Javier Valdez and at least four so far in 2018.

That is why Roberto Campa's presence at Purón's funeral involves a challenge in itself: if the murder of a candidate that merited this level of attention is unpunished the fate of others is already cast.

The impunity in the homicide of Purón also carries another risk because it threatens to throw overboard the pacification that the State of Coahuila has had in the last years and in particular the northern zone of the state, in Piedras Negras, ie, where Purón was mayor from 2014 to 2017, a period in which state and federal operatives managed to dismantle the power of Los Zetas, who waged a reign of terror in the area during the previous decade .

Unlike previous municipal administrations that of Purón did not succumb to the control of Los Zetas. That had been one of the focal points of his speech and it is now one of the lines of investigation into his murder.

It was during the years that Purón was mayor when Piedras Negras managed to overcome the trauma of the massacres and disappearances that have been documented with horrifying detail by El Colegio de México, the government of Coahuila and the Executive Commission for Victim Assistance.

Piedras Negras has made such a remarkable recovery that in the latest surveys of urban security by the National Institute of Geography and Statistics, Piedras Negras appeared among the cities with a better perception of security, data that resulted from the mayoral work of the now dead candidate .

Just a week ago, Pablo Ferri published in this newspaper the chronicle of a trip through Coahuila that ended precisely in Piedras Negras. Noting the horror of recent years, the story also showed a semblance of quiet normalcy within political campaigns.

Two days after the text was published, the story completely changed to one that we already know all too well.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 10:12 PM   #33
Playa
Pope & Young

Quote:

This possibly the most asinine thing I’ve ever read from you (& that’s saying something). 1st you may kill THIS iteration of the cartel, but one fact we have learned in the 40 years of war on drugs is there is ALWAYS another cucharacha ready to step up and fill the void and another sh1thole country to our south to hide him in. Secondly, giving the entire country SSN’s makes the rest of the Mexicans who are already too poor to pay a coyote to come to the US immediate wards of the state (& new dem voters).

Simply making them “Americans” won’t change the culture of millions of people overnight, the mentaility that has kept Mexico poor would surely be our burden. Hell the ones who get to America on their own don’t assimilate as it is, just making them Americans certainly isnt going to make them value it
Old 06-27-2018, 11:28 PM   #34
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Quote:
This possibly the most asinine thing I’ve ever read from you (& that’s saying something). 1st you may kill THIS iteration of the cartel, but one fact we have learned in the 40 years of war on drugs is there is ALWAYS another cucharacha ready to step up and fill the void and another sh1thole country to our south to hide him in. Secondly, giving the entire country SSN’s makes the rest of the Mexicans who are already too poor to pay a coyote to come to the US immediate wards of the state (& new dem voters).

Simply making them “Americans” won’t change the culture of millions of people overnight, the mentaility that has kept Mexico poor would surely be our burden. Hell the ones who get to America on their own don’t assimilate as it is, just making them Americans certainly isnt going to make them value it

That’s funny and I’m glad to see that you are following me. I know when I have a problem it’s always easier to deal with said problem when it’s direct vis a vi indirect where there is an intermediary which I have no control.
You made my point so no need to argue That we won’t change the culture but we will change the fact that they pay taxes. We already get their “problems” so we may as well take advantage of that.
The war on drugs is completely different than a country literally being controlled by a cartel that is assassinating their opposition. We annex and control the situation versus sitting back and watching hundreds of thousands of illegal Aliens cross our border with no upside. It’s really a simple equation.

Old 06-27-2018, 11:36 PM   #35
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

Quote:

Im not sure if any of the other changes would work but I am 100% positive that our military could wipe the cartels off of the face of the planet, forever, on that little narrow stretch of ground..
We've never tried.. If we would have we wouldn't be dealing with this crap now....

To many hands in that cookie jar for that flow of money to ever stop..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 11:36 PM   #36
Playa
Pope & Young

Oh I get it... you think Mexico will generate enough tax revenue to support itself.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:37 PM   #37
Chew
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Leon County

If all Americans could see into the future about 10-20 years, they would have no problem making a wall and a militarized border a #1 priority. This silent invasion is equivalent to the old frog in the boiling pot of water theory. Before everyone wakes up....too late.
Chew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 11:46 PM   #38
Mexico
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Old Mexico, Centerville Tx

After reading this, guess I'll cancel my vacation next week to Playa and this year's deer season. Sorry Farmdog
Mexico is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2018, 12:08 AM   #39
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post
If all Americans could see into the future about 10-20 years, they would have no problem making a wall and a militarized border a #1 priority. This silent invasion is equivalent to the old frog in the boiling pot of water theory. Before everyone wakes up....too late.
Yup...honestly, since we are playing this best wishful thinking scenario:

Simply give the Mexican people a US equivalent of our 2nd amendment, arm them with the same firepower that we, the people of the USA legally posses & I can promise they will take their nation back in no time.

I find the gun laws of Mexico sadly hysterical...I could acquire a grenade quicker SOTB than I could state side, yet the mex govt BY FAR fears the free patriotic people of Mexico having access to guns than they do narcos. You look at that country & the problems they have with the availability of hardcore weapons & the absurd / ridiculous restrictions posed to civilian firearm ownership. This tells you all you need to understand about gun control. Just makes you laugh to consider what is happening next door & still see fellow tbs'r suggests AR's should be outlawed in this nation.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2018, 12:16 AM   #40
LWC
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chew View Post
Yep, will be too late when folks realize the enormity of the problem. I don't personally think a wall will solve the problem. I'm for enforcing the laws we already have. But there's dang sure a problem that will have huge impacts for generations
LWC is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2018, 02:49 AM   #41
Pedernal
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Amistad

Mexico, the territory, has many resources and could easily support a prosperous country. The issue is the government has been controlled by extremely greedy and corrupt people for decades. what we should be more concerned about, is keeping our politicians on the up and up or this great country will suffer the same fate. Cartels and the drug wars will continue as long as there is an appetite for drugs which appears to be blossoming world wide just as it is here. If Mexico would rid itself of the cartels the only difference would be the location of said cartels.

The latest proposal from the idiots in DC is that the way to fix the illegal immigration problem is for the US to pursue the economic well being of countries which have mass migrations of people coming to the US. It's scary that both democrats and republicans seem to be touting this idea. It seems the democrats keep spewing that we must take in all these poor refugees that are running from their murderous governments. Yet they turn around and say let's fix the economies of said murderous countries and their people will no longer seek refuge in the US. How fast and at what price $ can we "fix" other countries?? What continent do we "fix" after we are done in Central and South America??

^^^Rhetorical questions ^^^

People need to get their heads out of the sand and pay attention to what the vestages in DC are doing!!
Pedernal is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2018, 05:27 AM   #42
sir shovelhands
Ten Point

Hunt In: Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post
Yup...honestly, since we are playing this best wishful thinking scenario:

Simply give the Mexican people a US equivalent of our 2nd amendment, arm them with the same firepower that we, the people of the USA legally posses & I can promise they will take their nation back in no time.

I find the gun laws of Mexico sadly hysterical...I could acquire a grenade quicker SOTB than I could state side, yet the mex govt BY FAR fears the free patriotic people of Mexico having access to guns than they do narcos. You look at that country & the problems they have with the availability of hardcore weapons & the absurd / ridiculous restrictions posed to civilian firearm ownership. This tells you all you need to understand about gun control. Just makes you laugh to consider what is happening next door & still see fellow tbs'r suggests AR's should be outlawed in this nation.
Worked for the avocado farmers:

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2...w-drug-cartels

https://www.npr.org/sections/paralle...=1530177836047
sir shovelhands is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2018, 06:13 AM   #43
Traildust
Pope & Young

Hunt In: The Red Dirt Area In Doss, Texas!

The mexican people should take up arms and fight to take their country back.......oh wait!
Traildust is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2018, 08:43 AM   #44
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Exactly, it would likely cost us less in the long run than building a wall

There is absolutely no way possible it would be cheaper than building a wall. That is just an outrageous statement.

The Cartels don't just roam around in caravans with the words "cartel" spray painted on them. They have a strong foothold in the communities, government and police forces. The attempt to wipe them out would be Afghanistan/Taliban 2.0, and would likely be more difficult and expensive.

Mexicans would instantly be living the dream... on your dime. Once they are Americans and are qualified by American standards, you would be adding about 100 million people to the welfare roll.

All you would be doing is pushing our border problem further south, and pushing the American dream closer to Central and South America would likely make it worst than it is now.

Not to mention all of the looming economic problems we would be inheriting. Even if it could be fixed, it wouldn't be cheap.

Then of course, all of the cultural issues that would simply make assimilation an impossible task.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:34 AM   #45
Playa
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
There is absolutely no way possible it would be cheaper than building a wall. That is just an outrageous statement.

The Cartels don't just roam around in caravans with the words "cartel" spray painted on them. They have a strong foothold in the communities, government and police forces. The attempt to wipe them out would be Afghanistan/Taliban 2.0, and would likely be more difficult and expensive.

Mexicans would instantly be living the dream... on your dime. Once they are Americans and are qualified by American standards, you would be adding about 100 million people to the welfare roll.

All you would be doing is pushing our border problem further south, and pushing the American dream closer to Central and South America would likely make it worst than it is now.

Not to mention all of the looming economic problems we would be inheriting. Even if it could be fixed, it wouldn't be cheap.

Then of course, all of the cultural issues that would simply make assimilation an impossible task.
This exactly! Mexico has a better GDP to debt ratio than us, (we are already spending more than we produce). By the time we drop the coin to ferret out the cartel and corruption we will largely eat up whatever spoils Mexico might provide. And oh yeah, let’s not forget that as soon as we annex, the left is going to want to extend all benefits of unemployment, social services, infrastructure Medicare/Medicaid etc... we will be upside down.

Regarding the cartels, you might push them out of Mexico, they will only regroup in El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras etc... we will have the same immigration problem, drug and human trafficking coming in from the rest of Central America and South America.

Net loss.
Old 06-28-2018, 09:49 AM   #46
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

Quote:
That’s funny and I’m glad to see that you are following me. I know when I have a problem it’s always easier to deal with said problem when it’s direct vis a vi indirect where there is an intermediary which I have no control.
You made my point so no need to argue That we won’t change the culture but we will change the fact that they pay taxes. We already get their “problems” so we may as well take advantage of that.
The war on drugs is completely different than a country literally being controlled by a cartel that is assassinating their opposition. We annex and control the situation versus sitting back and watching hundreds of thousands of illegal Aliens cross our border with no upside. It’s really a simple equation.

Instead of taking over Mexico and then having a war with cartels I'd rather have war with liberals and then close our borders. Then maybe start fixing the USA.

And good luck getting the IRS to collect 10 pesos in taxes from them. Would cost us 100,000 pesos to collect.
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-28-2018, 09:55 AM   #47
OldRiverRat
Ten Point

Ok let’s just keep doing what we are doing cause it’s working so well.
In less than 10 years there will be enough scrub come across the border to swing states in the south blue and then it’s a complete loss.

Old 06-28-2018, 10:06 AM   #48
Playa
Pope & Young

Quote:
In less than 10 years there will be enough scrub come across the border to swing states in the south blue and then it’s a complete loss.

Nobody is advocating status quo, but biting off more than we can chew is equally bad or worse than we have now. Wall, military border security, cut off aid to Mexico, all doable solutions.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:11 PM   #49
Clay C
Ten Point

Quote:

So making Mexico a state and giving 130 million people with deep Marxist values the right to vote is the solution to prevent our country from turning blue?
Old 06-28-2018, 12:23 PM   #50
Playa
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clay C View Post
So making Mexico a state and giving 130 million people with deep Marxist values the right to vote is the solution to prevent our country from turning blue?
Just disregard those small holes in his logic....