Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Equipment and Tuning

Old 06-24-2018, 02:52 PM   #1
bowhunting1
Four Point

Hunt In: The trees high above
Default Deep Six Question

Thinking of jumping into the deep six world but concerned about the durability with the deep six ferrules. Decided if I'm going smaller diameter shaft, may as well go all the way to 4mm. Shot the 5mm Easton Axis many years ago and had a few splinter on the tip when hitting something hard. Been shooting the GT Hunter XT for many years now and they are tough so I thought I would go with the GT Pierce Platinums. Not a big fan of their ballistic collar system so I want the install the Easton deep six insert. Curious how many have been shooting the deep six system with deep six broadheads and how the ferrules are holding up? Especially curious how they're performing with hogs as that's what I mostly hunt. Also, how durable have the smaller nocks been with this system? Any problems with spin tuning shafts with deep six insert? Any feedback is appreciated.
bowhunting1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-24-2018, 03:37 PM   #2
critter69
Ten Point

Hunt In: CO and Texas when I can

I have seen some brake, blow out the of the shaft. Best way to solve it was to foot the arrow 4 inches. But then why shoot a skinny shaft, so iam back to gold tips.
critter69 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-24-2018, 07:39 PM   #3
bowhunting1
Four Point

Hunt In: The trees high above

Yeah, not sure why I want to try them. Probably going to be a pain getting everything set up and expensive but I've been bored and looking for a new project....for some reason. Didn't want to waste the time and money if they're not durable.
bowhunting1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 06-27-2018, 10:47 PM   #4
pigsticker64
Ten Point

Hunt In: Soda, Tx. Anywhere I can

I have been shooting the Easton Injexion arrow from the time they came out a few years back. I have.never had a problem with them. At this time I'm shooting Rage Hypodermic 100g. IMO, they are great ..
pigsticker64 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top