Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 07-05-2018, 06:08 PM   #1
Vermin93
Ten Point

Hunt In: North TX, OK, TN
Default Scott Pruitt out

Good riddance! I'm not sure I've read a more pathetic and absurd resignation letter.

Normally I would say this is the best news I've heard in weeks, but considering that Trump is likely to appoint an even worse replacement, I'll hold my breath...
Vermin93 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2018, 07:51 PM   #2
rocky
Pope & Young

You get enough bashing from other members, so I just stay out of the fray, but your elation every time Trump’s administration stumbles, really does get old. If Pruitt needs to go, he needs to go. Every administration has had bad apples.
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2018, 08:11 PM   #3
texansfan
Ten Point

Hunt In: South Texas

And here comes the peanut gallery
texansfan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2018, 08:53 PM   #4
jerp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Shackleford Co.

I really like what he was doing in the way of deregulation and reversing bureaucratic overreach at the EPA but the troubles that lead to his resignation are 100% self inflicted. Even the underlings he brought with him from Oklahoma - formerly big admirers and Trump supporters - are embarrassed by his abuses. When you get some power it exposes true character. I am disappointed.
jerp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2018, 09:07 PM   #5
Smell the Glove
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerp View Post
I really like what he was doing in the way of deregulation and reversing bureaucratic overreach at the EPA but the troubles that lead to his resignation are 100% self inflicted. Even the underlings he brought with him from Oklahoma - formerly big admirers and Trump supporters - are embarrassed by his abuses. When you get some power it exposes true character. I am disappointed.
Yeah, he kind of earned this one. They could have handled this better.
Smell the Glove is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2018, 09:27 PM   #6
Vermin93
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky View Post
You get enough bashing from other members, so I just stay out of the fray, but your elation every time Trump’s administration stumbles, really does get old. If Pruitt needs to go, he needs to go. Every administration has had bad apples.
If I posted here every time the Trump administration stumbled I'd have to shed some hobbies to have enough time.

Your post seems really ironic. The PCE forum is 95+% conservative/Trumpian/Breitbart. I start 2 posts in one day about actual news that really happened and it's difficult for some to endure.

Scott Pruitt's departure is a good thing for America, so I'm not sure why you wouldn't expect reasonable people to be pleased about it.

I get that the forum has a strong right wing bias and relishes pro-Trump and anti-Moderate/Liberal news, but come on....
Old 07-05-2018, 09:31 PM   #7
Wtex
Four Point

so where were you and your boy toy the last several weeks while Trump was being the leader most of us knew he would be. Apparently somewhere in the fetal position in hiding.
Wtex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2018, 09:51 PM   #8
rocky
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin93 View Post
If I posted here every time the Trump administration stumbled I'd have to shed some hobbies to have enough time.

Your post seems really ironic. The PCE forum is 95+% conservative/Trumpian/Breitbart. I start 2 posts in one day about actual news that really happened and it's difficult for some to endure.

Scott Pruitt's departure is a good thing for America, so I'm not sure why you wouldn't expect reasonable people to be pleased about it.

I get that the forum has a strong right wing bias and relishes pro-Trump and anti-Moderate/Liberal news, but come on....
I was simply pointing out that every administration has had cabinet members that had issues. Remember the tax issues that several members of the former administration had? I’m simply saying that you seem to get overly excited when anything happens negatively in this administration. Why don’t we all hope for success regardless of party?
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2018, 10:15 PM   #9
M16
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Colorado, LaSalle, McCulloch,Menard Counties

Now would be a good time to dismantle the EPA.
M16 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2018, 10:25 PM   #10
Vermin93
Ten Point

Quote:
I’m simply saying that you seem to get overly excited when anything happens negatively in this administration. Why don’t we all hope for success regardless of party?
I'm not directing this at you personally, but that's a pretty hypocritical comment to make in this forum. A one-way street comes to mind.

Success is subjective. Most here would say Pruitt was a policy success. I'd say he was a disaster. There wasn't a cabinet member that I disliked more for policy and political reasons.

I think you're confusing excitement with debate. Yes, I'm pleased that Pruitt is out. I'd be interested how many more instances you can find of me posting with gleeful excitement about the Trump administration's controversies. My post history is available for your review.

I bet your last sentence got some laughs from the forum.
Old 07-05-2018, 11:14 PM   #11
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermin93 View Post
There wasn't a cabinet member that I disliked more for policy and political reasons.
Why have you been bottling it all up till now then?
Man is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-05-2018, 11:45 PM   #12
Vermin93
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
I've expressed my opinion about Scott Pruitt multiple times on this forum.

I understand the new acting EPA Administrator is a former coal lobbyist. It's like Iran being on the UN Commission on Human Rights. A total joke....
Old 07-06-2018, 06:37 AM   #13
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post
Search his name and/or my name + Pruitt
Old 07-06-2018, 06:38 AM   #14
texansfan
Ten Point

Quote:
I was simply pointing out that every administration has had cabinet members that had issues. Remember the tax issues that several members of the former administration had? I’m simply saying that you seem to get overly excited when anything happens negatively in this administration. Why don’t we all hope for success regardless of party?
LoL
We were all jumping for joy here when Obama got a few things right.
Right???

It's mighty convenient to want to be a happy family when your guy rules the roost.
But when the shoe is on the other foot....

I had to Google your first claim and after I read it I laughed:
https://www.investors.com/politics/c...ff-back-taxes/

Last edited by texansfan; 07-06-2018 at 06:42 AM.
Old 07-06-2018, 07:26 AM   #15
CoolHandLuke
Ten Point

Hunt In: Del Rio

I see a couple of guys around here have come down with “TDS”. It was only a matter of time...
CoolHandLuke is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2018, 07:38 AM   #16
Crazy Horse
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kerr County

Crazy Horse is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2018, 09:44 AM   #17
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wtex View Post
so where were you and your boy toy the last several weeks while Trump was being the leader most of us knew he would be. Apparently somewhere in the fetal position in hiding.
Oh My! That had to hurt bad!
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-06-2018, 10:36 AM   #18
bloodtrailer28
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansfan View Post
Search his name and/or my name + Pruitt
You and your boy toy one and the same now?
bloodtrailer28 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-07-2018, 12:49 PM   #19
Lostacresranch
Six Point

Pruitt’s policy was exactly what trump no told him to do. He was doing what he was supposed to do, and he did it. Those changes were good for this countries economy, and despite all the screaming about how much harm it would do to the “environment”, it won’t. It stream lined or removed buerocratic overlapping regulations that did nothing but gum up any type of progress. Now, instead of reaching a conclusion in years, it can be done in months. That’s progress, and it hurts NO-ONE.
Pruitt made a mess of his “personal” office ethics. He should be removed for THAT. It has nothing to do with policy.
If the previous administration had followed the same practices, removing those that did not preform, or allowed their personal preferences to get out of hand, then I’m sure it would have been much better for all of us.
Lostacresranch is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-08-2018, 12:27 PM   #20
Wtex
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodtrailer28 View Post
You and your boy toy one and the same now?
If they aren't the same then they must be both gone off together. Him and T-bag both have been pretty abxent on both of their failed recent threads.
They are lame and wrong as usual, but they do use big words with a lot of quoted text from left wing news to make them look smarter than they really are.
Wtex is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-08-2018, 01:02 PM   #21
Mike Javi Cooper
Pope & Young

I liked his policy changes as far as he went, his problem is/was too much good ol'boy baggage..
Mike Javi Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-08-2018, 03:32 PM   #22
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smell the Glove View Post
Yeah, he kind of earned this one. They could have handled this better.
No doubt! Not sure what he was thinking...….drain the swamp works for me but Pruitt was the swamp.
Quote:
Yep, just was not thinking beyond his own little world. Glad he moved on and hopefully he can stay out of the news.
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 07-09-2018, 09:03 PM   #23
17ncs
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fayette Co., Greene Co.

Quote:
I don’t know who he brought with him from Oklahoma but agree completely with everything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M16 View Post
Now would be a good time to dismantle the EPA.

Amen! I’ll buy you a beer for that one.
17ncs is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top