Lower-end side by side UTVs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lower-end side by side UTVs?

What are some cheaper brands/models that y’all have had decent luck with? I hunt on 100 acres that has decent trails (no hills or rocks) but is always muddy. Muddy enough that I can only access our feeders with my 4wd truck in the driest of conditions. Carrying one bag of corn at a time from the front gate is quickly getting old. Having a utv to use would be nice, but would only need it to fill feeders, trim trees, and haul debris a few times a year. Any Chinese brands worth looking at? Am I better off with a well-used name brand?

Thanks.

I have a Kawasaki mule 610 400cc it has never let me down . if you search the net enough you can find a good deal . bought mine new in 2016 listed for 8500. 4x4 camo package . got it for 6200. louis power sports in Greenville long drive to get a deal but it was worth it.

Comment

Maybe try a 4wheeler as well. Get you an old boat trailer, put you a floor on it and some wider tires to help keep it on top of the mud and you can probably get by quite a bit cheaper than a side by side. Just a thought.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
        Maybe try a 4wheeler as well. Get you an old boat trailer, put you a floor on it and some wider tires to help keep it on top of the mud and you can probably get by quite a bit cheaper than a side by side. Just a thought.

Yep, less than 5k in this entire set-up and it could haul more than a SXS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess my Mule 4010 might be considered “low end” by some, but it’s a total work horse and does everything I need it to not here at home and out west in the mountains. It goes straight up a mountain side with 1,000 of feed in the quad trailer and doesn’t miss a beat. It’s a 2017 model that I got a steal on with 9 hours. I’ve done some upgrades, but I can’t see spending 3X the amount on a “higher end rig”....
          Speed is the only thing it doesn’t have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What’s your budget? I think you’re better off buying a used brand name than a new Chinese brand. Although my buddy’s dad has had great luck with his Mossimo.

Comment

There is a 2009 mule in the classified section right now

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                This is what I was thinking, a used 4 wheeler. If all you have is a corn feeder that holds 6-7 bags of corn I don't even think you would need a trailer. Most can haul 5 bags of corn pretty easily.

Comment

I have loaded 10 bags on mine and it was fine 2007 grizzly 700 ( now has a 734 kit on it ) efi with PS love this beast ..

had a 5X8 utility trailer loaded with 600 obs of corn the redneck blind and 5 foot riser, chain saw tools etc two people . It pulled it like nothing .

Untitled by GMR Performance, on Flickr

Comment

Another option is get some 50 gallon steel drums with locking lids and put near your feeders and load them with bags of corn when it is supper dry and use your truck.

Comment

I have a used Big Bear 4-wheeler I want to sell. I'll send you a PM

Comment

If you're worried about cost go4 wheeler as said above.

Comment

Working...
                        X