No announcement yet.

Health Insurance rip off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

****, i'm thinking i should have brought this up when i got my last MRI. $1600 out of my pocket b/c i hadn't met my deductible.

thanks for the tip.

Comment

The middle man always squeezes the working man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Insurance is a racket. Always has been. Can't afford it myself. To put me on my wife's insurance would cost her half of what she makes every month. Without insurance you get FINED at the end of the year which they take out of your return if you get one. That's extortion any way you word it. Yall got by cheap on the mri's. Had one doe and cost 9k

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
          Thanks Barak.
          Egg Zachary

Comment

Originally posted by Louis View Post
            Insurance is a racket. Always has been. Can't afford it myself. To put me on my wife's insurance would cost her half of what she makes every month. Without insurance you get FINED at the end of the year which they take out of your return if you get one. That's extortion any way you word it. Yall got by cheap on the mri's. Had one doe and cost 9k
            [emoji50]

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

The reason for high deductibles and premiums is because the government has forced insurance companies to cover every person who applies without them being able to underwrite the risk.

So if a person is getting ready to have a transplant for example it can run well over a million dollars. If that person applies with an insurance company for coverage that company has no choice but to cover them - they cannot deny coverage and they must cover pre existing conditions - so the result is that the person pays maybe $600 bucks a month in premium and the insurance company is on the hook for over a million. Not a good business model for any business. This is why your choices of companies and coverage has shrunk dramatically in recent years - insurance companies are bailing out of the individual health insurance business every day -

The entire system is a mess for sure -

Comment

^^^ This right here. It's now mandatory that insurance companies cover pre-existing conditions. The healthy are now paying for the unhealthy.

Faith based health cost sharing programs are not under these rules. They are exempted, which is why they don't charge you a freaking mortgage payment!

I started a small business about a year ago. A classic health insurance plan was going to cost me so much that I wouldn't have been able to go into business for myself without a better alternative.

Its a flat out joke

Comment

It’s all a scam.

Comment

API physical therapy charged my Insurance company $498/visit for 1hr . I didn't get a bill for 3 months after I stopped going. Ridiculous crap. Good thing I stopped after 3 visits, otherwise my bill would have been astronomical.

Comment

Sometimes if they know you have insurance they won’t let you pay cash price. Experienced that before.

Comment

Same here. Never had it, never could afford it. I could buy another house for what insurance costs. My wife had it through the school district for her and the kids but it has gone up every year. It finally went up enough this year that we canceled it. It is an absolute racket. The out of pocket deductibles are so high that it wouldn't matter if we did have it.

Comment

Originally posted by ladybluearm View Post
                          Sometimes if they know you have insurance they won’t let you pay cash price. Experienced that before.

It would have gotten ugly if that had happened.

Comment

I thought Trump had eliminated the insurance mandate? Do you still have to pay a penalty for not having health insurance?

We are all covered on my wife's policy, and JUST ME is over $1000 a month. That's with absolutely no medical questions, age considerations or anything. Any spouse cost over $1000 a month to add. And, it is a high deductible plan. I believe we pay everything until we meet the $13,500 deductible. Thanks Obama!

Comment

dats nuts

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                                I thought Trump had eliminated the insurance mandate? Do you still have to pay a penalty for not having health insurance?
                                He did but it doesn’t go into effect until this tax year.

Comment

Working...
                                X