2018 saltwater fishing thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
    Lots of fish, what's not to love about May? Water temps are perfect... wet wade is on and the days are beautiful with a 10 knot wind out of the S, SW. East was a grind but west was on FIRE!. Found fish within 5 minutes of putting the power pole down. Easy limits of trout and Reds...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
      Lots of fish, what's not to love about May? Water temps are perfect... wet wade is on and the days are beautiful with a 10 knot wind out of the S, SW. East was a grind but west was on FIRE!. Found fish within 5 minutes of putting the power pole down. Easy limits of trout and Reds...

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
      You know Amigo, that has got to be one of the coolest "selfies" I've seen on here! Congrats again on a fine day on the water!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        You know Amigo, that has got to be one of the coolest "selfies" I've seen on here! Congrats again on a fine day on the water!
        Gracias, I'm not a selfie fan but had no choice since I was solo

Comment

Hey man, you gotta do what you gotta do to follow the TBH rules!! I'd say that is an approved method in this case!!

Comment

I'm heading to Port A jetties Saturday with the fly rod. I have a whole bunch of intel from AtTheWall, and that's it for reconnaissance! Never fished the big water... Anyone else going to be out on the rocks that day?

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
              I'm heading to Port A jetties Saturday with the fly rod. I have a whole bunch of intel from AtTheWall, and that's it for reconnaissance! Never fished the big water... Anyone else going to be out on the rocks that day?
              Ill be walking the beach towards the jetty that morning. If i dont get any bites im going to walk down the jetty as well. I think its going to be a bit windy, but im going to try.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                Ill be walking the beach towards the jetty that morning. If i dont get any bites im going to walk down the jetty as well. I think its going to be a bit windy, but im going to try.

If you run into a tall, skinny guy waving a fly rod like a madman, say hello! My name is Malachi, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                  If you run into a tall, skinny guy waving a fly rod like a madman, say hello! My name is Malachi, btw.
                  Haha alright will do.

Comment

Anybody gonna try the surf this weekend on the West end of Galveston? I am going to try it Sat morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Raleigh View Post
                      Anybody gonna try the surf this weekend on the West end of Galveston? I am going to try it Sat morning.
                      It's going to be pretty rough.

Comment

We had a pretty good trip Sat to Wednesday. Went 1 for 3 on blues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Raleigh View Post
                          What are you fishing for? It's going to be pretty darn rough. Maybe ok for baby sitting a long rod if you have a way of getting it out or bouncing dead shrimp off the bottom in first gut for whiting.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bubba joe View Post
                            last night and Tuesday night
                            Heck yea. Nice haul. What bay system

Comment

Alright guys, I've got a dumb question. How do you know when the surf is going to be good? How do you predict it? I see guys post up from time to time things like "Gonna take a couple days off next week and hit the surf, should be perfect on Wednesday". How the heck do you know that in advance?

I grew up in Lake Jackson and fished surfside all the time. My mind was made up on whether I was surf fishing or hoping in the bays somewhere on the other side of blue water hwy as soon as I went over the big bridge. I never knew what I was in for when I took off in the morning.

I now live in Cypress so it's not nearly as easy to just run out to the surf and if it's not good turn around and go home. I need to know before I leave now dangit!

Shame I lived there for 20 years and never took the time to learn this, better late than never.

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                                Alright guys, I've got a dumb question. How do you know when the surf is going to be good? How do you predict it? I see guys post up from time to time things like "Gonna take a couple days off next week and hit the surf, should be perfect on Wednesday". How the heck do you know that in advance?

I grew up in Lake Jackson and fished surfside all the time. My mind was made up on whether I was surf fishing or hoping in the bays somewhere on the other side of blue water hwy as soon as I went over the big bridge. I never knew what I was in for when I took off in the morning.

I now live in Cypress so it's not nearly as easy to just run out to the surf and if it's not good turn around and go home. I need to know before I leave now dangit!

Shame I lived there for 20 years and never took the time to learn this, better late than never.

swellinfo.com
                                magicseaweed.com

Comment

Working...
                                X