CAFE Standards for autos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAFE Standards for autos

Scott Pruitt head of the EPA is getting rid of the CAFE standards that have been in place since 1975 because of the "oil shortage" during the Carter Presidency.
    Maybe we can get away from the AFM and the off/start mode when you stop.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

WINNING
    Maybe they will get rid of the crap they require of diesels these days.

Comment

Mr. Pruitt has signaled that he is ready to take on such a challenge. “California is not the arbiter of these issues,” he said in an interview with Bloomberg TV this month.

Under the Obama administration, the federal government toughened tailpipe pollution standards to match California’s. Mr. Pruitt said the state standards “shouldn’t and can’t dictate to the rest of the country what these levels are going to be.”

I agree with these statements.

Comment

Increased emissions and (likely) zero cost savings to the consumer. Gotta love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
          Increased emissions and (likely) zero cost savings to the consumer. Gotta love it!
          I absolutely love it. The government shouldn't be dictating CAFE standards to car manufacturers anymore than they should be telling consumers that the have to buy health insurance. Every time the government comes up with another regulation or law it very rarely if ever brings about the results that they think it will in fact it usually makes the problem worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
            Fortunately, RAM and GM have already designed fuel economy improvements into their next generation trucks, which are about to begin production. I doubt Ford will take their new 3.0 diesel design backwards in fuel economy now that it's about to launch.

Pruitt's environmental protection has proven to be an oxymoron. With the fox guarding the hen house, it will be interesting to see how far he proposes to roll back the current 2025 standard, assuming he's still around to propose it.

Comment

How about we let the consumer decide?

If they demand cars that meet CAFE standards, the car makers will build them.

Pretty simple.

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post

Pretty simple.
                That's the way I look at as wellv

Comment

Too bad they don't do away with ethanol AND the tax incentives (subsidies) handed out to the producers and growers. Biggest ripoff ever and paid for by us taxpayers.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                    Too bad they don't do away with ethanol AND the tax incentives (subsidies) handed out to the producers and growers. Biggest ripoff ever and paid for by us taxpayers.
                    Yes sir

Comment

Originally posted by 100%TtId View Post

Pretty simple.

Because daddy government always knows what’s best for the common man. Pick up that can, citizen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                        I agree 100%!!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X