Foreverlast feeder timer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Foreverlast feeder timer

I've had it with my "The Timer" I bought less than a year ago. It has spun the feeder empty a couple of times and now just doesn't even go off half the time. I didn't realize it until last week when deer just walked by and it tested it.

I was looking at the Foreverlast timer, but it looks like it was also made by "The Timer" with just less feed times and cheaper. So if I want to get away from "The Timer" totally by going with a Foreverlast, I'm not really getting away from it. Is this correct?

Have you exchanged the Timer? They had a bad batch and are switching them out under warranty.

Comment

On Time

Comment

I have been running ForEverlast lower units for the past 4 years on several feeders 24/7 and never had a single hiccup with their timers. I’ve never even had to replace the internal battery in a single one. Great timers IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Have you exchanged the Timer? They had a bad batch and are switching them out under warranty.
          No and really don't plan to. I don't want to get into a switching out game and cross my fingers I don't get another bad one. My luck is I will get another bad one that somehow got back into a good batch. I'm really not forgiving when a unit or brand fails me. I tend to move on. I know that's about all they can offer, but I'm done with them. They should have had better QC.

My only concern is that a Foreverlast is just a rebranded "The Timer". I think Academy sells them and I'm needing one this week or I would consider something else.

Comment

Try to check your non-forgiving personality at the door here. The Timer

Comment

dbl post
              Last edited by Smart; 11-19-2017, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard M. View Post
                No and really don't plan to. I don't want to get into a switching out game and cross my fingers I don't get another bad one. My luck is I will get another bad one that somehow got back into a good batch. I'm really not forgiving when a unit or brand fails me. I tend to move on. I know that's about all they can offer, but I'm done with them. They should have had better QC.

My only concern is that a Foreverlast is just a rebranded "The Timer". I think Academy sells them and I'm needing one this week or I would consider something else.

All units fail or have problems.....All units have had folks POd at them. So the "they should have had better QC" comment should have you throwing hand corn if you are looking for a unit that has never had a QC issue..

Good luck with Moultrie or American Hunter

Comment

Timer

Originally posted by smart View Post
                  dbl post
                  x2 :d:d:d

Comment

I'll send it in sometime and use as a back up or try in the offseason. I'm not going to do it during the season and want something else now. Maybe I'll be happy with the new one, maybe I wont. I'd rather not give them any more of my money now by buying something the still make with a different name.

Sorry if I offended The Timer crowd.

Comment

While the ForEverlast timer has the same basic set up buttons and functions I’m not sure it’s a rebranded “The Timer”? It has the same 5yr warranty which is as good as you can get in a feeder timer.

Comment

I'll send it in sometime and use as a back up or try in the offseason. I'm not going to do it during the season and want something else now. Maybe I'll be happy with the new one, maybe I wont. I'd rather not give them any more of my money now by buying something the still make with a different name.

They’re a thin skinned and fickle bunch

Hi Jeff and Jason!!

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post

Hi Jeff and Jason!!

Oh yeah right....

I couldn't care less what he uses as I don't get any benefit from his feeders working or not. I was just trying to talk him down off a ledge of anger and trying to get him thinking straight. He could send it off and get a free replacement on a normally great timer or play Russian Roulette with the brands I listed above and spend more money. **** happens and The Timer group last I heard was making it right.

That being said I am on year 11 with two of my The Timers and my buddy Nick is on year 10 with his two... I also have two at my pig lease that were bought new recently. I'm not having any problems with new stock. Its worth a shot for free..
                          Last edited by Smart; 11-19-2017, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post

Hi Jeff and Jason!!
                            Lol! Yes we are horribly offended.

I run 8 of them and have been thru all the other crap is all I’m saying.

Maybe try an All Season digital???

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Oh yeah right....

I couldn't care less what he uses as I don't get any benefit from his feeders working or not. I was just trying to talk him down off a ledge of anger and trying to get him thinking straight. He could send it off and get a free replacement on a normally great timer or play Russian Roulette with the brands I listed above and spend more money. **** happens and The Timer group last I heard was making it right.

That being said I am on year 11 with two of my The Timers and my buddy Nick is on year 10 with his two... I also have two at my pig lease that were bought new recently. I'm not having any problems with new stock. Its worth a shot..
                              You’re right...**** happens

Comment

Working...
                              X