Dove Problem???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dove Problem???

Went to check the game camera today and I have a serious dove problem come to find out. For the past couple of weeks when the feeder goes off in the morning or afternoon about 50 dove post up and almost clean up all the corn and peas. Is there anything that I can do to get rid of all these dove legally?? Has any one had this issue? Your help and ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files

haha must be nice, my doves have a 20ga citori problem

Comment

Its not dove season now or they would be in trouble, thats the problem, they are eating all of my feed

Comment

Having the same problem here. There have never been this many. I have all feeders throwing 10 seconds morning and evening and the dove eat it all before the deer come in.

Comment

Change your feed times to before daylight and after dark.

Doves don't fly to well in the dark!

Comment

Hire a house cat!

Comment

I have a lot of doves but if the deer are coming in, they leave. Sounds like your deer have plenty to eat elsewhere or they'd be pushing the doves off.

Comment

I have tonnnnns of dove that come to the feeders. I seriously doubt they eat enough to clean up all the corn.

Comment

Put an owl decoy on top of the feeder, maybe? Thats how Rudy's BBQ keeps birds off their patio seating.

Comment

Dealing with the same problem has to be close to 50 of the little ******* come swooping in and eat every single kernel and then they don't leave they just post up in the trees and wait for the afternoon feeding at both of my feeders. About to just start at 5 am and 8 pm just so if something comes in at night at least there will be feed on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Flint knapper View Post
                      Change your feed times to before daylight and after dark.

Doves don't fly to well in the dark!
                      Yup. It's all you can do void of cannons.

Comment

I would set up shop on that feeder I wouldn't consider that a problem

Comment

As mentioned try changing before dawn or just after sun set, also don't feed for a week or so and they will leave? just like strays they will come as long as their is food

Comment

Same problem here. Owl decoy works for a couple days, then they get used to it. I even moved it around every couple of days, and they still adjusted to it.

Comment

Been having this problem since December. Roosting around my feeders and cleaning up the corn quick.

Comment

Working...
                              X