No announcement yet.

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Went through the busts in the 70s and 80s you could go up in the derrick and all you could see were drilling rigs. in 85 you lucky to see one. Most banks were the biggest car lots around.

Comment

Originally posted by wow View Post
      Went through the busts in the 70s and 80s you could go up in the derrick and all you could see were drilling rigs. in 85 you lucky to see one. Most banks were the biggest car lots around.

Yep, I went through the 80's bust.

I WILL happen again.

Even on the production side I saw wells that normally produced several hundred barrels per day, I saw pumping units sit dead still because it was cheaper to shut them down than to keep them running.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        Yep, I went through the 80's bust.

I WILL happen again.

Even on the production side I saw wells that normally produced several hundred barrels per day, I saw pumping units sit dead still because it was cheaper to shut them down than to keep them running.
        YEP!!

Some of the guys forget that this will happen also. I went to pumping from roughnecking in '08 and some of our wells were done the same. Waiting on the oil price to come back

Production is a little safer but when cuts come they are across the board

Comment

Originally posted by wow View Post
          I remember back in 1982-83 I was working at National Supply building mud pumps and off shore cranes, the company was over a year behind on production, just like that the light switch went off, 1300 employees were laid off in just a few months, that company never re-opened. I went back to roughnecking after that, it was like a part time job, every now and then the driller would call and say, " we got one to drill, woohoo ! " The OP is spot on, save tour coins, sooner or later you will need them.

Comment

yep so sad! Because most don't have a clue about saving money

It affects their EGO also

Comment

So true

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                65k pickup and escalade vehicles in front of 10k trailer homes is even better!
                You drove past my house? Lol just kidding. Kinda

Comment

Solid advice.

This industry is a roller coaster ride that's for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggs View Post
                    I don't even have a car!
                    You must NOT work in the oilfield

Comment

The only reason for me to get into the oilfield within the future would be to stock away cash!

Comment

Teaching the Dave Ramsey class right now at my church. It should be mandatory for all college grads and oil field guys. Heck it should be mandatory for everyone to sit through it. It couldn't hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Shallowater View Post
                          Teaching the Dave Ramsey class right now at my church. It should be mandatory for all college grads and oil field guys. Heck it should be mandatory for everyone to sit through it. It couldn't hurt.
                          Which church? The wife and I have talked about attending but havent found one on the nights we're free.

Comment

Originally posted by Shallowater View Post
                            May be good for some but I'll take a hard pass on the Ramsey stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Ducksmith View Post
                              Not just oilfield!! Good advice

Our whole project in oil and gas that has been going for 5 years got whacked today.......
                              You work for Jacobs?

Comment

If you play your cards right, you can save enough money in a few years to buy/build a house and have it paid for so if our industry ever came crashing down you wouldn't have a huge mortgage......Buttttt some people would rather blow it on new jacked up diesels, $30,000 side by sides, single wide trailers, and partying...and get this.....THEY STILL LIVE PAYCHECK TO PAYCHECK. It just blows me away.....but to each their own I guess

Comment

Working...
                                X