Rifle Trigger Job

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rifle Trigger Job

Anyone know a honest, reliable gunsmith that can install a Timney trigger on a FN PBR 308 bolt action rifle (win 70 action).

I took my rifle to Briley's in Houston today and it went something like this:

I called a on Wednesday and he told me there was a 4 week backorder on their work. Ok, 4 weeks, I can live with that.
    I look on their website and see they do custom pistol work also. Cool, I need my custom 1911 frame refinished and they do a teflon refinsih for $175 for the lower.
    Ok, alittle pricey but I'll bite.

Fast foward to today when I take the guns to them:

Well, now the wait time is 10 weeks for a trigger job. What, 10 weeks? You said 4 weeks two days ago.
    Oh well, so no trigger job, lets go ahead and refinish the 1911 frame.
    Fill out paperwork, go through what I need, look up price on their price sheet - $175.

THEN, IN COMES GUY #2.

NO, NO, That price sheet is wrong. Its going to cost him $250 AT LEAST to get that 1911 Officer frame refinished.

Screw it, Im out.

Bla, wrong forum.

Comment

try Match Grade Arms in Spring its by Carters Country, but everybody is going to be busy this time of year

Comment

Originally posted by TreeStandMan View Post
        try Match Grade Arms in Spring its by Carters Country, but everybody is going to be busy this time of year
        Be careful with the smith next to Carters. I've had work done by them a few times and they are batting 3/4 on getting the job wrong.

Comment

Working...
        X