Bowhunting season being shortened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bowhunting season being shortened

I've been out of touch, trying to get back in my house since IKE, but I heard somewhere that TPWD was going to shorten bow season next year and replace it by youth hunt because a lack of bow kills. Does anyone have any info on this?

They were trying to lengthen the youth season into Oct. Hopefully we have halted that. And Bow season should remain the same.

Comment

this is the first i've heard of it but please keep us informed

Comment

A reason I started bow hunting was early season, and no guns. Have had to hunt public land last few years, and this would not be cool. Hope not.

Comment

it was sent to the Public hearings and it has been said by TP&W that it ain't gonna happen in Oct. But Jan may get an extended season for youth.

Comment

Everyone who is just hearing about this needs to join or at least write a thank you to the LSBA (lone star bowhunters association). If it were not for them scheduling a meeting and sitting down with TPWD back a few months ago, we would not have an october archery only season next year, and instead it would have been youth rifle season. The regs haven't been finalize yet, however letting rifles into october has been taken off the table at this time. There is also another group of individuals going through the legislature trying to get crossbows legalized in october as well so there are some issues yet to fight ahead of us. Join the LSBA, get informed and get involved.
            Last edited by boss bowman; 03-17-2009, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boss bowman View Post
              Everyone who is just hearing about this needs to join or at least write a thank you to the LSBA (lone star bowhunters association). If it were not for them scheduling a meeting and sitting down with TPWD back a few months ago, we would not have an october archery only season next year, and instead it would have been youth rifle season. The regs haven't been finalize yet, however letting rifles into october has been taken off the table at this time. There is also another group of individuals going through the legislature trying to get crossbows legalized in october as well so there are some issues yet to fight ahead of us. Join the LSBA, get informed and get involved.

X1000000000
              I was at a shoot in Canyon Lake a couple weeks back and couldnt thank those guys enough. They realy stand up for us as a group and a family. They will be getting my membership support within the month.

Comment

does the LSBA have a website?

Comment

Have You Volunteered Lately? Each year the Lone Star Bowhunters Association puts a bow in the hands of approximately 5,000 children at the Texas Trophy Hunters Extravaganzas.  Volunteers are needed in Houston, Fort Worth and San Antonio.  Whether you have an hour or an entire day to help out, we need you!  There are arrows […]

Comment

Originally posted by psicoo View Post
                    You can view proposed changes here.
                    http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/business...tatewide.phtml
                    i filled out my survey please do the same and preserve our precious bow season

Comment

There is no reason not to be a member. It's $25 a year, and you get the magazine and a sticker for your truck and bowcase. I blow more than that in a week for beer and Copenhagen!!!

Comment

going to fill out that survey.thanks

Comment

Man , thanks for sharing that info. Boss Bowman . I think i might just join the LSBA

Comment

The youth rifle season in october was voted down, and alot of the reason for its removal were there tidal wave of emails tpwd received against such a proposal and the LSBA working with tpwd. The individual in parks and wildlife pushing this is not longer a commitee member on the tpwd commission, so hopefully we have heard the end of this nonsence, but we still need to stay on our toes. October crossbow did pass though.

Comment

Working...
                            X