No announcement yet.

Why I Switchsd to Thumb Release

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What made you pick that particular model? I have been think about making the switch but there are so many options.

Comment

Will switching to thumb release help with bicep pain. Will it force me to use more shoulder than arm ???

Comment

You really should not use your bicep to draw your bow. So not sure if it would help. I did how ever tear my bicep ( work) and had to have surgery to reconnect it. They moved it to a new spot. But after healing from that, I have used a thumb release and don't have any pain, in my bicep. Right handed, right shoulder surgery.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
          You really should not use your bicep to draw your bow. So not sure if it would help. I did how ever tear my bicep ( work) and had to have surgery to reconnect it. They moved it to a new spot. But after healing from that, I have used a thumb release and don't have any pain, in my bicep. Right handed, right shoulder surgery.
          Thx man

Comment

I switched a year ago, and I'm happy that I did.

Comment

Originally posted by JWF View Post
              What made you pick that particular model? I have been think about making the switch but there are so many options.
              Other than because it did exactly what I needed it to do (clip and lock on the d-loop), it felt good in my hand and had a "crisp" release. It came highly recommended here, and both Bradley (4B Bowhunting Outdoors) and Chris (CCR) personally use this one.
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Thanks for sharing

Comment

As I said on your FB post, I couldn’t be happier. I was battling some trigger punching and also realized that my wrist would pop sporadically from time to time while drawing. Not to mention it getting the way with camera and bino’s Making noise, etc. After it cost me an opportunity at a mature buck early season with my wrist popping, I made the switch and have logged 10 consecutive deer with it in 2 Years.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Jac View Post
                    As I said on your FB post, I couldn’t be happier. I was battling some trigger punching and also realized that my wrist would pop sporadically from time to time while drawing. Not to mention it getting the way with camera and bino’s Making noise, etc. After it cost me an opportunity at a mature buck early season with my wrist popping, I made the switch and have logged 10 consecutive deer with it in 2 Years.
                    Perfect! Thanks for sharing your experience!
                    My Flickr Photos

Comment

Great video Michael. I am very near making the switch myself. My main reason is because it can be very difficult to get my wrist strap release hooked up to the D-loop in a dark ground blind. Took me near 10 tries last year at first shooting light while my blackbuck was standing at 20 yards. Inside the blind was near pitch black still and I just couldn't see. As soon as I finally got clipped up, The blackbuck actually left and I unclipped thinking my opportunity was gone. 1 minute later he came right back and I luckily got clipped up in only a few tries.

Comment

Originally posted by ecallarman View Post
                        Great video Michael. I am very near making the switch myself. My main reason is because it can be very difficult to get my wrist strap release hooked up to the D-loop in a dark ground blind. Took me near 10 tries last year at first shooting light while my blackbuck was standing at 20 yards. Inside the blind was near pitch black still and I just couldn't see. As soon as I finally got clipped up, The blackbuck actually left and I unclipped thinking my opportunity was gone. 1 minute later he came right back and I luckily got clipped up in only a few tries.
                        Exactly! I've had it happen a few times, too (more often recently as my aging eyes deteriorate! )
                        My Flickr Photos

Comment

A thumb release can be a great tool but it’s not for everyone. Those who enjoy a wrist strap but suffer from the dreaded “go now” trigger punch, should check out the Like Mike release. It combines the wrist style with the ability to crank down the trigger to mimick the pull through shot of back tension releases.

I say this not to hijack Michael’s awesome post, but to add to it for those who may say they’d never use a hand held release and just settle on the fact that they’re a trigger puncher. The Like Mike release has been a game changer for me. Of course it has helped that “Mike” has personally spent hours working with me and his release.

I’ll add that the Like Mike is a hook style release and finding the loop is never an issue.

Comment

Jeff, do y'all sell those at CCR?

Comment

We do and the Just B Cuz as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                                We do and the Just B Cuz as well.
                                Thx. I looked at the Just B Cuz before I got the chocolate. Need to make a trip ti CCR this summer. Want to change my arrows. Might make my thumb be a backup.

Comment

Working...
                                X