No announcement yet.

San Juan Mountains, Colorado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rio Grande NF (Creede/South Fork, etc.) will be upgraded tomorrow to Level 2 tomorrow is what the Pagosa District Office told me, so it will still be open. Unless they get some rain and downgrade the San Juan to Level 2, we are going to stay in Texas.

Comment

Wow we were planning on going the end of July, will have to find something else

Comment

Bummer. Headed to Pagosa and SJNF in a couple weeks. If the RGNF closes, my favorite list of fishing spots gets pretty slim (see avatar). Come on rain!

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
          They laid off all the seasonal train employees over in Durango/Silverton.
          I wonder if the train started the 416 fire? It runs smack-dab through the area where it started and throws off some serious embers. They have a crew that follows each train to deal with small fires from the embers. Maybe they missed one. Sux!!

Comment

Supposed to be some weather moving up from Mexico mid week. Also the prediction makers say the monsoon maps are looking decent.

Comment

I read they are supposed to get 1”-3” of rain by Sunday. I’m guessing that it would take a lot more than a couple inches of rain to reopen the San Juan.

Comment

My buddy lives in the San Juan and they are getting some rain now. Hoping it turns things around.

Comment

Have friend that lives north of Pagosa Springs said had good rain this morning.

Comment

My parents are in creede and no rain yet but a lot predicted this week

Comment

Beautiful

Comment

Wondered when they would do this. The dry weather coupled with all the beatle devistated trees makes for some serious fire hazard. I feel for the through hikers that are just now coming into Colorado. To make it through NM and get stopped by fire hazard. Knowing the through hiker personality, the forest service is going to have a tough time keeping them out.

Comment

They were under a flash flood warning last time I checked.

Comment

Anybody seeing any updates for the area?

Comment

Yes updates please! My plan B and C are not what I want to do. Must go fishing! In the mountains where it's cool!!

Comment

35% contained as of this morning. Fires have not been growing but they are concerned as the area will be drying out in the upcoming days. US 550 back open

Comment

Working...
                                X