Deer loading with Polaris Ranger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer loading with Polaris Ranger

Did lots of research on this forum and others on ways to load deer into the ranger. Didn’t see this exact take on it so I wanted to share in case others were interested. Built the cross piece out of 11 gauge 2” square tube. Welded the three inch kicker to mount the winch on and bolted everything with grade 8 hardware. The idea is tip the bed. Hook the deer with the winch and drag in. Didn’t like having to drive around all the time with the receiver hoist mounted and going back to Camp to get it isn’t ideal either. Feel free to copy or improve.

I think I'm going to take the winch off the front of my mule and mount it like this so it will finally get used!

Comment

Looks good. If someone else decides to build one, they might use a 2 inch receiver so the winch could be moved around for other uses.

Comment

I just put a carry all on the back receiver and drag them up pretty easy. That is very nice work though and a good idea.

Comment

That's a pretty standard configuration for SxS's and pick ups in the western states, especially New Mexico. I've been going to do my Pioneer that way, but haven't gotten round to it.

Is that winch one with the wireless remote?

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post
            I just put a carry all on the back receiver and drag them up pretty easy. That is very nice work though and a good idea.

This is what I use...sure is nice to throw a 150 pound pig on that thing vs getting it all the way into the bed. I like the winch idea tho.

Skinny

Comment

I built one this year for my pioneer. Tried it out a couple weeks ago on a 260 lb sow. Worked great.
              Attached Files

Comment

Buddy of mine has the rope instead of cable in his winch, winch is mounted up front. He just throws it over roof and drags deer up that way. Did it with 250 pound Muley and worked good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Raider4044 View Post
                  Looks good. If someone else decides to build one, they might use a 2 inch receiver so the winch could be moved around for other uses.
                  Thought about this, the down sides I see are portable wiring would be either expensive to buy heavy duty plugs or rough looking with loose cables around. But would save over buying a second winch.

This isn’t wireless it has a regular remote that plugs in up top like your bigger model winch’s.

Anyone have any idea of the strength of the roll cage? Wondered if I used to winch to help get the ranger in stuck would it potentially bend the cage?

Comment

This is my carry all I use on the back of the Ranger. I also like the winch, but this is one less wiring problem or plugs to buy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I did the same thing except I bought a portable winch for $100 - just have a small battery in my bed that I hook the alligator clips to and let it rip - saves my back for sure

Comment

If I ever decide to upgrade from my 09' I'll do something like this.

Great work

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Grant2 View Post

This is my carry all I use on the back of the Ranger. I also like the winch, but this is one less wiring problem or plugs to buy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I also have a hitch haul carrier, and never put bloody critters in the bed! It’s no problem sliding them up into the hitch haul.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

great ideas....

Comment

looks like a factory option item

Comment

Working...
                              X