Covering a shipping Container

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covering a shipping Container

Well I got a letter from the city(somebody narked) that I had to remove my container because there was a city ordinance banning them. After talking with the code enforcement officer we agreed that if we covered it with R panel it could stay. So I started the project this week.
    Attached Files

And.....

Comment

Covering with R panel. Lean to roof and screwing wood from the inside.
      Attached Files

Comment

Roof is ready for metal.

Couple more pieces for the siding.

Any suggestions on how to do the door?
        Attached Files

Comment

In

Comment

tag

Comment

An easy fix would be to cut some thin gauge sheet metal 6-8" wide and run it horizontally to cover the valleys in the door. You could use screws,rivets ,or tack weld the metal. You could prime and paint the door and it would look less like a container.

Comment

Will look good once you get done. What is the reasoning behind not being able to have one that is "uncovered" ?

Comment

Originally posted by texan16 View Post
                  Will look good once you get done. What is the reasoning behind not being able to have one that is "uncovered" ?
                  liberals.

The city passed an ordinance a few years ago banning them.
                  Last edited by mmoses; 03-06-2017, 02:05 PM.

Comment

You could remove those doors and frame up the opening with 2x4s and sheath it up.

Comment

Originally posted by Hydestik View Post
                      You could remove those doors and frame up the opening with 2x4s and sheath it up.
                      I though about that but I want to keep the wind and water tight qualities of the container.

Comment

Might could just do like you did to the sides and put wood framed out on the door and then sheath it with the same R panel and when closed, would just look like the sides?

Comment

You could also build a door that when closed covered up the container door. Open the wood door then open the container door.

Comment

In

Comment

Your neighbor is gonna be way more ****** now. Nice work haha cool build for sure.

Side note, if you haven't already, get the city agreement in writing. Had a friend who made a verbal deal with his township, which came back to bite him in the *****.

Comment

Working...
                              X