Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming along nice!

Comment

Alright, both sides are done and did a little sanding on it...hope I didn't grind the edge too thin before the heat treat. Got some more sanding to do and going to drill the pin holes, then I guess I'll send it off for heat treat and order some handle material.

SamHarper- It took me about an hour to grind one side, but I was going pretty slow and trying to be careful, and cleaning the file quite a bit to keep from getting big gouges in the metal (which didn't work as well as I'd hoped!)

It's been fun, but would probably be more fun with a KMG grinder...at least that's what I keep telling my wife!!

Thanks for following along!!
      Attached Files

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Following

Comment

It's looking good, the only advice I can give you is to stop short of the spine, I'm sure it's hard to do with files though.

Comment

Looking good so far.

Comment

Great job for your first knife the hard way.

Comment

Great work! Impressive, especially for a first time!

Comment

Thanks guys! I appreciate it! Just did a little more sanding today...gonna go look at drill presses tomorrow to get holes drilled (good excuse for new tool in my shop) and then it'll be off to heat treat

Comment

great job for sure.looks really good,heck 2 hrs for your bevels you don't need a kmg....

Comment

Bought a drill press, got the pin holes drilled, sent it off for heat treat and ordered some micarta handle material and some kydex for a sheath...this is quickly becoming an expensive hobby!haha Need a band saw, kydex press, rivet tool...and I'm sure a lot more stuff!!haha I'll post a pic when it gets back from heat treat!

Comment

Not to high jack, but were did you send it to get it heat treated? I have wanted to make my two sons knives for Christmas gifts but did not know you could send them out to heat treat. And if you dont mind how much do they charge ?

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                            Not to high jack, but were did you send it to get it heat treated? I have wanted to make my two sons knives for Christmas gifts but did not know you could send them out to heat treat. And if you dont mind how much do they charge ?
                            At Peters’ Heat Treating we approach heat treating as an integrated component of your supply chain.

Comment

I sent mine to texasknife in houston...$15.00 for s30v blade

Comment

Back from heat treat! Looks like some more sanding tomorrow! Haha Handle material and rod for pins are in! Ready to see the final outcome!! Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1426915186171.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	24371011

Comment

Working...
                                X