Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i may be over there the 26th and 27th

Comment

Cool I will be there the 26th through the 2nd. I hope the deer are moving and it stays cool.

Comment

Originally posted by bttgraham View Post
        it was good to meet you also explorer1. I ended up only seeing a couple of yotes. I found some good places with plenty of deer sign. The last couple of days is was there it was so hot that the mesquitos were eating me alive. I may be going the day after Thanksgiving for a few days and then again the 1st of Dec. I am glad it is finally cooling off though. Has anybody been seeing any deer. And if so what units. I have a few spots GPS'd and ready when i return.

Comment

unless special restrictions are in place ther then you may abide by tpw regulations making it legal to shoot crossbow during archery and rifle season WITHOUT upper limb disability or special permit

Comment

Anybody having luck up there yet?

Comment

IMO, it's been a little more disappointing than the last couple of years. We've seen a few doe, the only buck I've seen was from 120yrds, nice body, puny rack. Just the last few weeks been finding more rubs. Haven't seen pigs this year so far other than road kill, and that's the unusual part. Last year I'd see or hear them every 2-3 trips out.

But then, we've been relegated to pretty crummy weather a few times (high winds).

Comment

Fannin Archery last weeend

I have been a few times this year. I have seen 8 deer total only one buck though. He was about 80yards out. Needed him at 60 yards. Going back this fri and sat since it is last weekend. Weather is not going to be great. High temps but low wind. I hope to see some my trigger finger is getting itchy. Has anyone else seen anything

Comment

went out this morning and didnt see much. Saw a group of pigs last weekend at about 70yds though.

Better luck next year I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                    Dang Pat. You sure ask tough questions.

Policed by Forest Service Law Enforcement and TP&W Game Wardens.

Boundaries are marked and they have fire lines aound the property. Corners are marked with red bands around three trees and a monument.

Wildlife survey and check in forms will be made available at bulletin boards and will be mandatory.

Shotgun hunting for small game will still be allowed. No shot larger than #4.

All you need to hunt there is a state hunting license.
                    no markers now, area is closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                      You got that right. Page 2 #4 says you have to comply with all rules and regulations according to Parks & Wildlife. It says you have to have all required licenses and permits. P&W says you have to have a AHP. I will go with them to be safe.

no, TPWD just wants to sell stuff. Call the game warden with your questions, he's the one to be concerned with anyway, if you get checked, right?
                      APH is NOT needed there.

Comment

Originally posted by tdwinklr View Post
                        no, TPWD just wants to sell stuff. Call the game warden with your questions, he's the one to be concerned with anyway, if you get checked, right?
                        APH is NOT needed there.

Bruhh... this thread is 7 years old.. I imagine they got the answers they were looking for by now..

Comment

Originally posted by TxnRunner View Post
                          Bruhh... this thread is 7 years old.. I imagine they got the answers they were looking for by now..

congratulations.

Comment

Working...
                          X