No announcement yet.

TBH Trad Hog Hunt 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All of y'all be careful and enjoy the hunt. Hope you have good weather.

Featherflinger, that sure is a cute wood cutter you got there. I bet she's a daddy's girl.

Comment

Originally posted by Featherflinger View Post
      I was driving down the highway today around 3:00 and happened to look over and see about 15 hogs in a field! It got me pretty excited knowing we'll be tearing them up
      in a week. I'm bringing my Illusive Wildlife Kill Light (motion detection) to put on the main feeder so we can stumble over to it after dark if it's on!
      Fixed it.

Comment

Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
          Fixed it.

Comment

Originally posted by coop View Post
            All of y'all be careful and enjoy the hunt. Hope you have good weather.

Featherflinger, that sure is a cute wood cutter you got there. I bet she's a daddy's girl.
            Thanks! She was so excited to help. She stacked almost all of that by herself as I set it on the tailgate!

Comment

Tick tock tick tock....

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by swamprabbit View Post
                tick tock tick tock....

Sent from my sm-g930p using tapatalk

Comment

Our children can be amazing at times.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Look forward to seeing all tomorrow

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Last yrs hunt

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

In for pics...hopefully not pics if Jeff in his underwear again.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                          In for pics...hopefully not pics if Jeff in his underwear again.
                          Thankfully that won't be an issue this year.

Got back a little over an hour ago. I had a friggin blast. The hog hunting was pretty fun too

Comment

A "quick" recap of my 2 hogs.

Friday, I showed up a little late (11am!) I went out on my own stalking around the ranch and had a few close calls until I glassed some up 60 yards away in some medium/thick vegetation. I backed out, circled to some better wind and managed to get within 15-20 yards of a the group bedded down. I planned to wait them out when one stood up to readjust and showed me its front leg through the soft vegetation. I drew back and let the arrow fly. The boar ran off along with 20 others as the brush exploded. He dropped about where I was standing when I first glassed them up. Heart punched. He was bigger than I thought when I shot him.

I hung around camp for a while and went back out to help stalk some up. I didn't want to tag out early.

Saturday morning, with the wind change, I quickly worked my way to the opposite side of the ranch so I could stalk back into the wind. Once I reached the other side... nature was calling and I stopped and leaned my bow up against a tree to wait for it to pass. I was about to start still hunting when a group came around a corner about 100 yds off. I wasn't sure if they were going to head my since there was water between us way, but I held tight and nocked an arrow. A moment later and they start migrating my way. As they get close I lose line of sight as I didn't want to peek around the tree. As the group gets closer the lead pig is in sight and on a path to rub the tree I am behind. I start thinking about how this is going to go down. Do I just short draw and essentially stab it? Before I get a chance his head clears and he seez me 3 ft from him and grunts and shuffles. The hogs behind him flinch but don't know what is going on. A sow widens her approach as I draw. She gets broadside at about 12 yards and pauses trying to guage the situation. The arrow passes through her before she figures it out. She hurries off about 30 yards and falls over. The group picks up its pace, but still confused. I am staring at my hog, still motionless as pigs pass by me. She starts the death kicks and I breathe and it was like a bomb went off and the group was off to the races!

Then the fun began. I walked 12 miles total on Saturday, that included multiple stalks looking for any wounded hogs. Had one that where I got inside 10 yards again. Can you see em?

Comment

Awesome!! Good shooting Scott!!

Comment

Good shooting! Congrats

Comment

Working...
                                X