Bedliner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bedliner

Has anybody used the DIY bedliners like you can buy at Walmart?

If so, how is the quality? I realize prep work being most important.

Just wondering if it is worth my time to do that or just take it to a spray-in pro.

TIA,
    Les

i did my truck and my friends truck one weekend. didnt use the stuff at wm but it was a diy kit. wasnt worth it. Happy with how it turned out but wasnt worth the hours of prep work to save that little. Next time, ill just find someone

Comment

I used the stuff at Wal Mart spray can on a tool box spent several hours on prep and it looked great for 2 weeks maybe 3.

Comment

Thanks for the examples. I don't guess it makes much sense to worry about saving a few dollars on a $60k truck lol

Comment

Don't do DIY on bedliner. Go get a LineX

Comment

I've done a few. If you don't prep really really well they don't last any time at all. If you do the prep they still don't last nearly as long as the professional done versions.

Have it done if you've got the $$$.

Comment

I monstalinered my Samurai. I worked my rear end off for two days doing the tub and exterior. It's a ranch and hunting rig, so I wasn't concerned with a perfect finish. It does look good but has imperfections. I haven't taken it out yet, so I don't know how it performs to a beating, but so far so good. I do know that in areas I drilled through after application to mount seats etc, the millage was very thick.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

The timing of this thread is great. We've working on an old CJ7 and plan to spray the inner tub with bedliner. Last night I watched several videos on YouTube, which discouraged me from trying this in my garage. After reading this, I plan to pay to have it done right.

Comment

i did my whole hunting truck with grizzly grip dot com bed liner. I used a desert tan color then camo'd it with spray cans. Prep & clean is key. Do it in a garage but make sure you have the door open slightly for ventilation. It was easy, worked really well and I haven't had any problems with it coming off.

Comment

Have a buddy that used it on his jeep (floors) seemed to work ok. Had to find this for a warning though.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...-hootus.18595/

Comment

Originally posted by dmk View Post
                      Have a buddy that used it on his jeep (floors) seemed to work ok. Had to find this for a warning though.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...-hootus.18595/
                      I think that guy's brother is on this forum?

Comment

Did the inside of a boat once. Came out well. Don't know how long it lasted because the boat was sold shortly after. Wanted to beat my buddy for recruiting me for that task and the selling the boat.

Comment

Working...
                        X