Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Colombia Feed

Originally posted by Kruger14 View Post
    That's exactly what I told him. We wash off our trucks at his house when we need to but he only has a water hose right now. He will also meet at the border if anyone needs help with that. He knows good English and has been very helpful for us. If anyone is interested in getting in touch with him just pm me and I will give you his contact info.
    Hey Kruger, i am interestd in your contact that will sell feed near Colombia. PM his info please.

New to this forum/thread can't PM Yet!

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by CAE View Post
      Hey Kruger, i am interestd in your contact that will sell feed near Colombia. PM his info please.

New to this forum/thread can't PM Yet!

Thanks

Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Kruger14 View Post
        Our guy that helps on our ranch is going to open up a little feed store in Columbia where he lives to help out hunters that cross in Columbia and don't go through town to get to their ranch. He asked if I could find out if anyone would be interested in buying from him. I know most everyone already has a place that they get feed but for some buying in Columbia might be more convenient so just curious who would be interested in getting feed from him.
        PM sent

Sent from somewhere in Old Mexico...

Comment

Originally posted by RedDirt View Post
          Pressure washer **** good idea. He could have made money yesterday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Yes Sir, we would have kept him busy. Jason's truck was worse than ours.

Click image for larger version

Name:	tr1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	24485948

Cowboys said we had 1.5" of rain in the rain gauge. Watching it come down and seeing all the standing water the next day I would have thought we may have gotten more and we may have.

Name:	tr2.jpg
Size:	83.2 KB
ID:	24485949

Got hooked up with the big truck for our move. Money well spent.

Name:	tr3.jpg
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	24485950

Comment

Our cowboy said we got .5".
            Kruger 14 send me your guys info please

Comment

Originally posted by Gunner97 View Post
              Yes Sir, we would have kept him busy. Jason's truck was worse than ours.

[ATTACH]842489[/ATTACH]

Cowboys said we had 1.5" of rain in the rain gauge. Watching it come down and seeing all the standing water the next day I would have thought we may have gotten more and we may have.

[ATTACH]842490[/ATTACH]

Got hooked up with the big truck for our move. Money well spent.

[ATTACH]842491[/ATTACH]

Nice! [emoji106]

Comment

Does anyone have a good contact for cotton seed around Nuevo Laredo that would deliver to ranch off of the pipeline?

Sent from mikes iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MTinnin View Post
                  Does anyone have a good contact for cotton seed around Nuevo Laredo that would deliver to ranch off of the pipeline?

Sent from mikes iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Cottenseed is in limited supply this yr. I know a few have found some but, no good suppliers at this time. Very hit and miss

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
                    Cottenseed is in limited supply this yr. I know a few have found some but, no good suppliers at this time. Very hit and miss

Guess we got lucky then [emoji16]

Comment

What is the ideal time frame to feed cotton seed? Start March and finish around what month?

Also what are expected results 10-15% antler growth?

Comment

The Other Side of the Wall 2017-2018

Originally posted by CAE View Post
                        What is the ideal time frame to feed cotton seed? Start March and finish around what month?

Also what are expected results 10-15% antler growth?

We feed from february to end of october.. results vary from animal but results will show on your younger bucks when they reach maturity..... you wont see much results in antlers until 3-4 years of them eating it!!! You can see results in increase body weight quicker!!

Weve been feeding for 8 years now going on our 9th and that is our experince!!
                        Last edited by santana; 02-23-2017, 09:10 AM.

Comment

The Other Side of the Wall 2017-2018

Originally posted by santana View Post
                          We feed feom february to end of october.. results vary from animal but results will show on your younger bucks when they reach maturiry..... you wont see much results in antlers until 3-4 years of them eating it!!! You can see results in increase body weight quicker!!

Weve been feeding for 8 years now going on our 9th and that is our experince!!

Agree 100%, you may get immediate results from a select few individuals, but the overall benefit will take at least a couple of years. Your most benefitted will be your 1-2 year old bucks that will have been on a consistent feeding program their entire lives. Helps them lay the framework for higher quality early on. We feed cottonseed from February through September along with protein from January though September. The key word with feeding cottonseed, or any supplemental feed, is consistency. If you dont plan to have it out for them in a constant, consistent basis, then the results will be minimal at best. Having feeders full for 2 weeks then empty 2-3 weeks will provide no benefit for your deer. Might as well save your money and spend it on other things. Consistency is key. As far as 10-15% gains on growth, it's extremely ambitious for it being the first year of feeding cottonseed. Those are gains seen on feeding programs that have been in place for a long time. Like Rick says, your first, most apparent change will be body size. Things start to improve from there. Body size, fawn survival, better mass, and better antlers, but it takes quite a long time to achieve a herd-wide effect. Don't be discouraged if you dont see immediate, enormous growth the first year, just keep at it and the results will come in due time.

Comment

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1487868195877.jpg
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	24486008

I Agree with Ric and Oscar 100%. Survival and Health are your first and only true Benefit of a feeding Program. As it gets better Established and you really put in the extra effort to fully cover a whole herd can you really exspect the big results. You have to understand that you are feeding a area that already has the nutritional level to grow big horns on its own. As the overall health of your herd grows then you can exspect to see true quality that could be as simple as a fawn with all the right genetics simply survived. Good luck to ya

Comment

Originally posted by Mex. Bowhunter View Post
                              [ATTACH]842656[/ATTACH]

I Agree with Ric and Oscar 100%. Survival and Health are your first and only true Benefit of a feeding Program. As it gets better Established and you really put in the extra effort to fully cover a whole herd can you really exspect the big results. You have to understand that you are feeding a area that already has the nutritional level to grow big horns on its own. As the overall health of your herd grows then you can exspect to see true quality that could be as simple as a fawn with all the right genetics simply survived. Good luck to ya

cool pic Bo!

Comment

Nice pic Bo

Comment

Working...
                                X