Tank blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tank blind

Trying to decide on how I want to do the window. I know I only want one window in the front of the blind. I was thinking something like this. It's 36" from floor to bottom of the window. The window itself is 30x12.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Are you going to cover the window with mesh?

Comment

Why only one window; less light? I'd suggest two or three vertical windows spread out as opposed to one central window.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        Are you going to cover the window with mesh?
        What I will probably do is make mesh curtains that I can slide and make a slit to shoot out of. This is the spot I'm putting that's why I only need one window. Also after I frame it in it will shrink down some.

Comment

I'm no professional by any means but here is a progress picture.

Comment

I've hunted in one and I think it would be wise for more windows for ventilation if needed but in proper position so not backlighted. Some times deer patterns change and you wouldn't have to move blind

Comment

I've hunted in one and I think it would be wise for more windows for ventilation if needed but in proper position so not backlighted. Some times deer patterns change and you wouldn't have to move blind
              Or NOT.

One window is the only way to go if you are bow hunting from the ground. I have hunted groundblinds for years and you NEVER open more than the smallest window you can shoot out of. this blind should work great Arrowslinger.

Why only one window; less light? I'd suggest two or three vertical windows spread out as opposed to one central window.
              Less light and less chance they will see movement inside the blind. Also less air movement means less scent to get out of the blind.

Comment

Cool idea

Comment

Originally posted by Okiehunter View Post
                  Or NOT.

One window is the only way to go if you are bow hunting from the ground. I have hunted groundblinds for years and you NEVER open more than the smallest window you can shoot out of. this blind should work great Arrowslinger.

Less light and less chance they will see movement inside the blind. Also less air movement means less scent to get out of the blind.
                  X2 all my blinds have only one window except one and the one that has 2 I only open the one window that is right for the wind.

Comment

Originally posted by Patton View Post
                    and on multiple windows make them in way you can cover/black out when not needed..and light is problem

Comment

I'm interested to see how you do the door. I'm about to start on a similar build. Have windows picked out but need to figure out what I'm doing for the door...

Comment

What does one of those cost? I'm digging that

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech1233 View Post
                          I'm interested to see how you do the door. I'm about to start on a similar build. Have windows picked out but need to figure out what I'm doing for the door...
                          Still trying to figure that out. Had to put this on hold due to having to change deer leases.

Comment

Originally posted by bushwacker361 View Post
                            What does one of those cost? I'm digging that
                            I found this one for 250$

Comment

I'm going into San Antonio tomorrow. Maybe one of the sales places has one that is damaged or gets a damaged one from time to time?
                              How many gallons is that one?

Comment

Working...
                              X