Need windmill deer stand ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok so I'm trying to come up with and idea to mount a lock on onto a windmill any ideas. These are actual working 40' windmills so getting up top is 1) to high 2) would obstruct windmill from swiveling. So at optimum height it's about 10' in diameter

Curious to see what ideas are shared!!

Comment

Sat on a cross board in one like that in Mason many years ago. I sniped two does that evening. Higher than I had ever hunted. I probably wouldn't take that chance again in my wiser years.

Comment

You could build a light platform on the second horizontal bars up around 20', then squish a popup inside of it. Another idea would be to stick a tall ladder stand connected on the inside of the windmill then burlap/brush the outsides of the windmill supports. Me personally, I wouldn't want to be 40' up that rickety thing hah.

Comment

Time for the picture of Ben on a F.A.R.T.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SKLOSS View Post

That is death trap ideas.

Comment

Had the same idea and I'm not opposed to sitting on a board across the top supports, but in for better ideas. The windmill blind idea would be money on my WTX lease.

Comment

My granddad told a story once of him deer hunting on a windmill and saw a deer coming around behind and on the right side. Unable to turn around he placed the .35 Remington on his jaw.....aimed and pulled the trigger. He came to at the bottom of the windmill.

Comment

We just use a couple of boards and mount a swivel to the board and then to a boat seat.

Comment

There's one at Lake Aquilla you could probably use as a guinea pig!

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
                        That is death trap ideas.
                        The word(s) "sore thumb" popped into my mind.... as in sticking out like ....

Comment

I have tried many things and nothing has worked very good.

Comment

search F.A.R.T.S I think....

Comment

Working...
                            X