Seek Thermal - Review with Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seek Thermal - Review with Pictures

This is being tested with an iPhone 6plus with the Seek Thermal software.
    Easy to use and figure out the different features.
    Playing around with it I tested it indoors with my son eating an apple while holding one of our dogs.
    Attached Files

Daylight and thermal pictures - goats in the street 60-75 yards
    Attached Files

Comment

Dark outside and clear skies no moon
      Cows at 200 yards can see building upper right and gate in front, the cows are on the left center as white blobs. The second picture is at 100 yards from a different angle.
      Attached Files

Comment

A feature of the thermal is the temp reading here is a reading of the sky and the cows.
        Attached Files

Comment

I will experiment tonight with hot liquid on the ground and post them later.

Comment

very cool!

Comment

I hunt hogs with N550 nightscope but having to shoulder repeatedly when walking is a pain. This will help walking to the blind at night when it is cool outside. Not sure when it is 80-90+ degrees, but usually I am usually not out walking and hunting if it is that hot.

I usually spend the night in the blind hunting hogs and it is quieter and faster to view with this than putting a rifle through the window just to see in the dark.

I used it for a 1/2 hr straight and it used about 5% of my battery, I have USB chargers to recharge it in the blind. Would be nice to have a pass-thru charging and using adapter so all could be done at the same time.

Comment

That's pretty nice performance for a cellphone app. Looking into this now.

Figure a way to attach that to a drone and transmit images in real time... hello, piggies!
                Last edited by JP135; 01-21-2015, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
                  That's pretty nice performance for a cellphone app. Looking into this now.

Figure a way to attach that to a drone and transmit images in real time... hello, piggies!
                  Dude.....

WANT!!!

Comment

How can you hide yourself from thermal? (thinking out loud)

Comment

That's pretty cool. One of the guys here at work got the Therm-App for Android over Christmas. He hasn't taken it to the woods yet, but he says around the house it is pretty impressive. For over a grand, it better be. He got his on a promotional deal though and got it cheaper cause they were trying to get it out to market.

Comment

[QUOTE=Man;9661678]How can you hide yourself from thermal? (thinking out loud)[/QUOTE

Be naked when the outside temp is the same as your core body temp. Or cover yourself in ambient temp organic matter. Didn't you watch Predator?? Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Man View Post
                          How can you hide yourself from thermal? (thinking out loud)
                          Be dead and cold.

Comment

Originally posted by JP135 View Post
                            Be dead and cold.
                            Thats one way! lol

Comment

Very interested on how this would work for blood tracking.

Comment

Working...
                              X