Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dog.

Comment

Canine shape and claw marks say dog to me. No offense intended, and I'm sure there are mountain lions in that area too. But it sure looks a whole lot more like a dog track than anything else.

Comment

Kuma what part of Glen Rose is that. A hunter killed a Big Cat this deer season near Chalk Mountain. Hoof and Horns is doing the taxi work.... It was killed right around Thanksgiving

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
          Lol Legdog. You should be a politician.

So exactly what ARE you saying?
          Sorry, I guess that is pretty obtuse.

These tracks are a little more fresh. There's no claw marks (although the cat could extend and retract a claw based on the situation). You can also see the "X" looks more like an "H" as the pad is more broad.

I'm pretty sure the first image in the thread is a cat as well but it's less definitive due to the condition.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TrackDiagram.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	122.0 KB
ID:	24363493

My main point was just to offer an image to compare the original image to in hopes that the experts following along could make a more informed opinion... regardless of whether you lean to canine or cat.

Comment

Solved it is a COG..Thanks for the post Kuma.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
              wow Kuma, do you really get your panties in a twist that fast?! I don't see them piling on, but rather offering an objective opinion.

I guess I'll be added to the list because I see canine too...
              Is this your first Kuma thread? Don't question anything he says.

That is a k9 track by the way.

Comment

I'm flipping.

If the circles show claws... I have to lean to dog.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TrackDiagram final.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	24363496

The X pattern is what stumps me. I can force an X in there but the H pattern seems more reasonable. In the end, it does look closer to a "front track canine" than cougar.

****ifiknow.

Comment

Originally posted by bone View Post
                  Is this your first Kuma thread?...
                  oh I saw the mule deer thread live as it happened and was like W/T/F?!

I see TONS of these "track" threads & find them all very interesting...threads like these should be meant as a learning/sharing moment (Legdog is proving that) for all...not an I'm right & you're an idiot - take my toys and go home thread...save that for the union threads!

I like Kuma is my point!

Comment

I missed the mule deer thread. It sounds like a doozy!

Comment

Chupacabra

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Horse View Post
                        oh I saw the mule deer thread live as it happened and was like W/T/F?!

I see TONS of these "track" threads & find them all very interesting...threads like these should be meant as a learning/sharing moment (Legdog is proving that) for all...not an I'm right & you're an idiot - take my toys and go home thread...save that for the union threads!

I like Kuma is my point!
                        Surprised he can see anything with that ignore button clicking on overdrive!

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                          I missed the mule deer thread. It sounds like a doozy!
                          It was, but after a short break, he is enjoying TBH much more now.................until this thread.

Comment

Do mountain lions run every where they go? Every time we get a confirmed cat track pic on here it always has claw marks?

Comment

Originally posted by Stuck View Post
                              Do mountain lions run every where they go? Every time we get a confirmed cat track pic on here it always has claw marks?
                              I think only the black ones run everywhere, but they always travel in packs of three!

Comment

The follow ups that we never get to see after the "confirmed" sightings of tracks and lions.

A mountain lion on some "rancid meaty bone".

The ever present "black mountain lion"

"Momma and her cubs"

Comment

Working...
                                X