• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How deep are you fishing ?

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
      How deep are you fishing ?
      My lines are 25 to 30 feet long with a staging every 5 feet and window weight anchor. Over 50% of the fish I catch are Under The Jug on the first staging. But sometimes the big ones will come off the lower stagings. I will set it so that it drifts up against a bank or across a point.

Comment

nice catch

Comment

Oh jimmy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes sir.

Comment

There are some big ones as well. . .

Little guy loves hitting Travis in the winter.
              Attached Files

Comment

Nice one. I had the Travis records for blue and flathead caught on R&R and I caught them 7 days apart. Both records have been beat since then though

Here's the blue.

Comment

Good catch!

Comment

Well we have had zero time to do anything but work since deer season ended. I finally decided enough was enough and put the boat in the water.

We put out 15 jugs Saturday morning and picked them up Sunday afternoon. Caught 9 each day, but the biggest fish were all caught Sunday.

Largest was 16 lbs, several between 6-8. The boat ran fine, and we mostly avoided all the bad weather. Not bad for $4 worth of chicken hearts.
                    Attached Files

Comment

solid catch

Comment

Somebody post a pic of your jug setup. It's been about 30 years since I ran jugs as a kid and that was out of a jon boat on a 4 acre farm pond. We would just tie line around the neck of a 2 liter Coke bottle and bait a hook on the other end. We couldn't circle that pond fast enough to keep up

Comment

I don't have a picture, but post #17 describes the way I do it. No swivels, just overhand loop knots.

I am a big believer in circle hooks, I use them exclusively.

Comment

Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
                              Somebody post a pic of your jug setup. It's been about 30 years since I ran jugs as a kid and that was out of a jon boat on a 4 acre farm pond. We would just tie line around the neck of a 2 liter Coke bottle and bait a hook on the other end. We couldn't circle that pond fast enough to keep up
                              Google images for jug line set up. You will get all the pics and instruction to build them you need. Fun stuff.

Comment

Good eating size.

Comment

Working...
                                X