Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flinger View Post
    Truck prices are insane now day's!

Yes they are, I was still rocking my 2012 with 113k miles and no intentions of buying a new one..

That decision was made by someone else..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by klepdo View Post
      90,000 miles it’s not even broke in yet. I bought my 2011 F-350 with 65,000 miles in 2013 and it has 139,000 on it now the best part is it’s been paid off for a year. They seem to drive better when you own it.
      Yeah I know. Plan was to keep it for over 200k, but....I may not lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
        Just purchased a 2017 F250 crew cab lariat 6.7

All the bells and whistles

Sticker was $69,???

Got them down to $58,800

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Awesome. Thx. That's what I like to hear.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I so want to replace my Ram 2500 that got flooded but not missing that payment or diesel bill.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	646BAF7E-B8D2-4131-A9D1-78F825E88DA0.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	24526326
            Bought this F-350 LWB King Ranch for $62,400 in Madisonville

Comment

Originally posted by Wil Taylor View Post
              [ATTACH]891380[/ATTACH]
              Bought this F-350 LWB King Ranch for $62,400 in Madisonville
              Now that's a good looking truck! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by zztex View Post
                Now that's a good looking truck! Congrats!
                Thanks, I never thought I would buy a ford but with having so much problems with my 15’ Dodge. It was time for a change. Plus it looks so dang sexy

Comment

Originally posted by Wil Taylor View Post
                  Thanks, I never thought I would buy a ford but with having so much problems with my 15’ Dodge. It was time for a change. Plus it looks so dang sexy
                  Turnaround $$$ ?

Comment

So many options, it can be hard to get a baseline when people just post a price without window sticker. Love my king ranch, no problems in the first 6,000 miles.

Comment

Sure hope there is not a problem the first 150,000 at that price.

Originally posted by CentexRancher View Post
                      So many options, it can be hard to get a baseline when people just post a price without window sticker. Love my king ranch, no problems in the first 6,000 miles.

Comment

I bought a fully loaded lariat with ultimate package for a litte over $62000. Only option I did not get was the adaptive cruise control.
                        Attached Files

Comment

If your not upside down on your current truck, but still making payments.. its worth trading up for a new one just to have a warranty. The cost of fixing these new trucks aint no joke.

Comment

Originally posted by slomo View Post
                            If your not upside down on your current truck, but still making payments.. its worth trading up for a new one just to have a warranty. The cost of fixing these new trucks aint no joke.
                            I don’t see how how that math works unless you expect to make vehicle payments your entire life. As soon as you get a vehicle like that paid off, the repairs are still minuscule compared to what you make in payments per year. These trucks going for 60k carry a payment of at least 1200 a month over 5 years. That’s a mortgage payment on a small home or land. Those payments alone are 14,400 per year in vehicle expense. Massive repairs may cost this much, but those repairs are not necessary every year on a vehicle with under 150,000 miles. A truck payment is a guaranteed expense. You’re assuming that you are going to have about a 3500 repair bill every quarter at minimum, which just doesn’t normally happen on a truck.

Example: 1) I have a new truck that I pay for with zero issues. That truck is going to cost me around 14k that year if I buy something in the $60k range.

2) I have a truck/vehicle that is paid off and the transmission blows. I spend $10k-13k out of pocket for replacement.

You still spend less money out of pocket with a major mechanical failure on a paid off vehicle than you do making payments.

Edit: I’m not trying to say don’t go get the truck. If you want it, get it. Heck, I pay $900 a month for my wife’s Yukon that I never really drive.

Comment

Originally posted by popup_menace View Post
                              I don’t see how how that math works unless you expect to make vehicle payments your entire life. As soon as you get a vehicle like that paid off, the repairs are still minuscule compared to what you make in payments per year. These trucks going for 60k carry a payment of at least 1200 a month over 5 years. That’s a mortgage payment on a small home or land. Those payments alone are 14,400 per year in vehicle expense. Massive repairs may cost this much, but those repairs are not necessary every year on a vehicle with under 150,000 miles. A truck payment is a guaranteed expense. You’re assuming that you are going to have about a 3500 repair bill every quarter at minimum, which just doesn’t normally happen on a truck.

Example: 1) I have a new truck that I pay for with zero issues. That truck is going to cost me around 14k that year if I buy something in the $60k range.

2) I have a truck/vehicle that is paid off and the transmission blows. I spend $10k-13k out of pocket for replacement.

You still spend less money out of pocket with a major mechanical failure on a paid off vehicle than you do making payments.

Edit: I’m not trying to say don’t go get the truck. If you want it, get it. Heck, I pay $900 a month for my wife’s Yukon that I never really drive.
                              my cousin has a 16 f350 still making payments and his engine blew 8000 miles out of warranty. Cost him $18k to have the motor replaced. Now he has a $1k truck payment and a $18k repair bill.

Comment

The price of new trucks is ridiculous...but guys are paying it so the prices are not coming down...

My 04 Duramax is still chugging along so I guess I am in it for another 5 years or more.

Comment

Working...
                                X