Spiked Chicken Exotic Trip - June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spiked Chicken Exotic Trip - June

Team Spiked Chicken is planning to do an exotic hunt in June sometime and we are looking for advice from the GS guru's!

I think we are looking for the best rate for a 2 day hunt.

I know I am looking for an axis, fallow, blackbuck, or texas dahl. Nothing trophy size, but I would like to have some bone on the wall.

I believe the others are looking for hogs, rams, or anything in between for a good price.

Where would you guys recommend as far as best price for all of us?

I will post up a map of where everyone is at and the ranches we know about.

Team, post up what you are looking for and max that you want to spend for the weekend.

kjo...but better book now

Comment

I'm easy. I'll find something to hunt where ever yall decide. I don't even have a budget in mind. I guess I'd like to keep it under a grand but want the most bang for my buck - so, anywhere relatively comfortable with lots of targets.

Comment

I talked to Jason about it the other day. Keith is probably going to have the best prices on the biggest variety, I know Thompson Temple can accommodate a large group, and I've hunted the "C" before, it's a great hunt too. You may want to check on Extreme Bowhunting in Bracketville, it seems like a good place that's priced well, but I don't know anybody who's hunted it before or how many hunters the can accommodate.

Comment

Comment

Im in for whatever, im mainly looking to put meat in the freezer. KJO's prices are looking good, I would be in for an Axis and some hogs. We should nail down a date so we can go ahead and start seeing which places can accomidate our group size and animals

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
              Im in for whatever, im mainly looking to put meat in the freezer. KJO's prices are looking good, I would be in for an Axis and some hogs. We should nail down a date so we can go ahead and start seeing which places can accomidate our group size and animals
              X2

Comment

Fallow in June will be tough unless y'all find a place with barren doe's; most bucks will only be about 1/3 grown out.

Comment

I'm fine with just a hog hunt and if we get a doe or a ram then that is icing on the cake. We can always schedule a second hunt for animals we are after when the timing is better.

Comment

Check with the guys at Extreme Bow Hunting. We hunted with them in Dec and had a fantastic trip. We took 4 animals (2 each) I took a nice Blackbuck and a BB doe. My buddy took a awesome Texas Dall and an axis doe. We seen several amazing fallow, some very nice BB and axis and my buddy got into a bunch of aoudad. Plus several good rams. I enjoyed the fact you have the ranch to yourself and Caleb is a super nice guy that will go out of his way to get you on your animals. Here is a link to the packages they offer http://www.extremebowhunting.net/Bow...gs_Lodging.php

Comment

Quatro b has great animals. Lots of different rams and
                      Good exotics. Check em out.

Comment

I'm in whenever or wherever

Comment

Originally posted by jfalcone8 View Post
                          I'm in whenever or wherever
                          Heck yeah! Check our team thread in the Bownanza 2014 forum.

Comment

Originally posted by gwellstx View Post
                            I'm easy. I'll find something to hunt where ever yall decide. I don't even have a budget in mind. I guess I'd like to keep it under a grand but want the most bang for my buck - so, anywhere relatively comfortable with lots of targets.
                            x2

Comment

Working...
                            X