• Show
Clear All

Big Oak Bowhunting in Avinger, TX

Quick review of this ranch:
    • Beautiful terrain
    • Plenty of wildlife
    • Animals are healthy and have more than adequate food and water
    • The blinds are probably the nicest you will ever hunt out of
    • The owner and guides are top notch. They know the ranch well and where the best spot for specific animals are.
    • The lodging is great. The main ranch house is nicer than an average home and the bunkhouse is comfortable and has all you need.
    • The walk in cooler and skinning facility is top of the line.

I would highly recommend Big Oak Bowhunting if you are targeting exotic deer and hogs. I saw several fallow, sika, and axis that I would love to have on the wall!

I was there for a youth hunt donated by the owner and my daughter shot a nice hog and almost got off a shot on an axis doe.

I will be going back!

I had a blast there as well. The food was top notch!!!

Comment

I highly recommend Big Oak, I have been twice and it was a blast both times.

This last trip was part of the youth hunt that Marty graciously offered up this year and my daughter had a great time, she is now hooked on hunting at the age of 8.

We'll definitely be back for sure, Marty and his crew are TOP NOTCH!

Marty, Abbie was asking when we could go back as soon as we left, already saving money and told me she needs a bow

Thanks again Buff!

Comment

Sounds like a great place,but it should be signed off by deer99hunter first
        he is the review police lol

Comment

Big Oak is the bomb!

Everything Bobby said is spot on. Especially the part about going back.

As a matter of fact, I'll be there again on Jan 29th!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
            Big Oak is the bomb!

Everything Bobby said is spot on. Especially the part about going back.

As a matter of fact, I'll be there again on Jan 29th!

Bisch
            Be sure and give us a report when you get back Bisch. Good luck and good hunting!

Comment

I will also 2nd all that has been said. Buff is top notch and the only guide that has set outside and flung arrows with me for hours on end!
              The facilities are tops. I am planing on going back in the next couple months.

Comment

Oh, I also picked this up while I was there.

Arkie

Comment

That is a very nice ram. I am going there next weekend after his BIG dall. From what I hear it is the best place around. Just from talking to Buff on the phone I am sure there will be lots of stories being told, it will be like Ripleys Believe it or Not lol between him and my dad the tall tales could be endless. I like tall tales though haha

Comment

Nice ram I looking to go to one of the day leases this year possibly after deployment

Comment

WoW, super nice ram... Congrats

Comment

Working...
                      X