Yellow Banana is going to Kenya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow Banana is going to Kenya

Yall remember the Banana Thread by savagehunter83?

Well tonight we had a going away party for my niece. She will be leaving soon for a 4 month mission trip to Kenya. She is limited to 50# and this includes her tent that we practiced putting up and taking down tonight.

Anyway I gave her the banana to take with her. At first she looked a little puzzled then the light went off and she said, "Incase I need some line!"

She was thrilled! Thanks again savagehunter83!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	B.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	24862860

If yall wouldn't mind, send a prayer for my niece's safe Mission trip and return home.

Thanks!

Prayers up!
    Tell her come back safe cuz you want your banana back! Lol

Comment

Prayers sent. Cotton, do you know where in Kenya she will be? I've spent some time over there.

Comment

Prayers! You should be very proud of her!!!

Comment

I don't think they know for sure, I believe they get their assignment once they get there.

Yes I am BH!
          Last edited by Cotton; 08-28-2011, 12:22 AM.

Comment

Cool, Im sure it will be a trip she will never forget. The Rift Valley Province, specifically the highlands near Kericho is probably my favorite place on earth, besides Texas of course.

Comment

Very cool...

Comment

I have a ton of friend in Kenya all over if she needs help, let me know, I work in the Democratic Republic of Congo.

Comment

You just can't make this stuff up. Savagehunter plays a game to give away some paracord, Cotton wins it, gives it to his niece for her mission trip to Kenya, and a coupla folks offering assistance that work/have friends in the area. TBH is a wonderful place

Cotton, I am sure your niece will be fine and she has my thanks for what she is doing. Thanks to the rest of you fellas too

Comment

Originally posted by cheez View Post
                    You just can't make this stuff up. Savagehunter plays a game to give away some paracord, Cotton wins it, gives it to his niece for her mission trip to Kenya, and a coupla folks offering assistance that work/have friends in the area. TBH is a wonderful place

Cotton, I am sure your niece will be fine and she has my thanks for what she is doing. Thanks to the rest of you fellas too
                    Ain't it the truth! Prayers up for her and let us know how she is getting along while she is over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rambis View Post
                      Prayers sent. Cotton, do you know where in Kenya she will be? I've spent some time over there.
                      I was wondering the same! Lived there for nearly 4 months with FFA during college. I have very close friends in Meru with daughters about her age. (one daughter named after my mother) It is a beautiful place with super friendly folks. Between the Rift Valley & Mombassa she is going to be amazed by the place. If she needs help I can contact Freddy by cell or email.

Comment

The Lord watch over her going and her coming, keep her safe and bless her return.

Comment

sent!

Comment

Sure is a good place, my friend Arnold work just outside Mobassa, has some friends come in to climb the mountain, Arnold meet up with them after and showed them things that they never would have seen out of a tourist brochure, Kenya is a wonderful place, she needs to go on a camera safari right outside the airport if she gets the chance, you will be amazed at the wildlife areas.

Comment

Originally posted by furboom View Post
                              The Lord watch over her going and her coming, keep her safe and bless her return.

Comment

Working...
                              X