San Antonio orthopedic recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

San Antonio orthopedic recommendation

Ok I going to need a recommendation on a shoulder separation I suffered today arm popped back right into socket after about a minute as I reached up with my other arm to fill my left shoulder. Any and all information on a good doc in the SA area is greatly appreciated ... Any information on what to expect with this type injury would be great as well. Need to heal fast so I can hunt

TTT

Anyone?

Comment

Depends on what is damaged. I'm a little north of ya in Temple, but Dr Reeves at Scott and White did wonders to mine. Completely torn loose, and I have almost full range of motion now. Had me play golf for rehab.

Comment

Originally posted by temple droptine View Post
        Depends on what is damaged. I'm a little north of ya in Temple, but Dr Reeves at Scott and White did wonders to mine. Completely torn loose, and I have almost full range of motion now. Had me play golf for rehab.
        Thanks for the info. My just happened today at work. Not much swelling and pain is not to bad... I have some range of motion without too much pain so was hoping I didn't do too much damage... How long has the rehab been???

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Can't really give a recommendation. I tore rotator cuff this past summer and was trying to get it healed up with a shot and some PT. I went and saw Dr. Millican at Center for Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine in SA. Surgery is schedule for next month before Christmas break to try and minimize time off from work.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyTX View Post
              Can't really give a recommendation. I tore rotator cuff this past summer and was trying to get it healed up with a shot and some PT. I went and saw Dr. Millican at Center for Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine in SA. Surgery is schedule for next month before Christmas break to try and minimize time off from work.
              Thanks for the input. Hope it all goes well for you. Let me know once you had the procedure.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                Thanks for the input. Hope it all goes well for you. Let me know once you had the procedure.
                Appreciate it. Good luck to you and will do.

Comment

Sports medicine Associates of San Antonio 210-699-8326 I use Ralph Curtis - these are the guys the Spurs use - almost everything done in the same building MRI x-rays rehab etc

Comment

try san anotonio orthopedic group great bunch of dr.s there

Comment

X2 on Sports Medicine of SA. Dr Saenz or Dr. Curtis. Dr. Curtis did surgery on my torn bicep a year ago last July and we are back to normal. And I have a friend Linda Wells across the hall that runs the PT side they will probably recommend. Center for PT and sports Performance 210-798-8585. Good luck!

Comment

I second Ralph "Bud" Curtis. Both of my high school sons had shoulder surgery after last football season. Both had dislocations with torn Labrums. Dr.Curtis did a great job. Hopefully yours is not as severe. Good luck.

Comment

Thanks fellas!! I am going to try to get an appointment with sports medicine associates on Monday... It sucks living I'm del rio with poor medical choices at best!! I figure my injury was just a partial shoulder separation as I am not feeling as much pain as I was told to expect...

Comment

I use The San Antonio Orthopedic Group. I used them for my Knee, right wrist corpal tunnel, rupture disc in my back. You can look them up on line for a list of doctors....Andy

Comment

Don't let a lack of pain fool you. Only an MRI can tell you for sure what damage you may or may not have. My 17 year old had an MRI after his second dislocation showing full labrum tear. He never had any pain to speak of. Now he has 4 bone anchors and all is good.

Comment

Working...
                              X