Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BP announcing layoffs.

a few thousand more people going to the house, and a few thousand less people that have purchasing power in the economy.

The company would not tell us how many jobs have been cut, but officials say notifications went out this week

Comment

Lynch and I had lunch yesterday with a few managers at a fairly large DD company that we do quite a bit of work with (they love our products and QA/QC) that said they are still hiring experienced (and good) DDs.

I don't want to post their info, but if any qualified DDs want to PM me I'll see if I can pass along your info to them.
      My Flickr Photos

Comment

We are on a hiring freeze and salary freeze. And they aren't paying the bonuses until mid year now.

Comment

Originally posted by asttbe View Post
          We are on a hiring freeze and salary freeze. And they aren't paying the bonuses until mid year now.
          I'd be very leery of a company that delays paying a bonus out. That, to me, means they are in a cash crunch. Good luck bud.

Comment

Oh I know for a fact that is true here. Busy trying to get our new ship out and utilization is down. We are booked pretty solid this year but next year is looking bad

Comment

I talked to some guys with Kirkland energy today and they said they had just started there because Apache paid them off. Many of the people at my wifes work are still working (no lay offs) but hours are cut to mainly 40 hour week.

Comment

Originally posted by pigstika1978 View Post
                Laid off today
                Harsh brotha, best of luck in your future endeavors!

Comment

Bitter sweet for me today...I'm set to start training for my new gig in the NG side on Monday, yet got word from one of my good buddies on the lease is setting to close his business. Support / service. Will likely have to file for protection.

Comment

Nothing great at the job fair today.. We still have faith.

Comment

Looks like projects and investments are being cut by the companies so they can keep paying the investors dividends.

Comment

Oilfield side isn't the only side getting hit. Looks like the operators and Marathon aren't playing nice here in Texas city, possible lock out Saturday night.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                          BP announcing layoffs.

a few thousand more people going to the house, and a few thousand less people that have purchasing power in the economy.

http://abc13.com/495040/
                          And a main headline on Yahoo news this morning (or yesterday) was U.S. Jobless claims approach 15 year lows LOL.. Amazing!

washttp://finance.yahoo.com/video/u-jobless-claims-approach-15-092907298.html

Comment

One of the companies were drilling for just told me yesterday that they're fixin to move at least one rig from Cotulla area to the haynesville to drill for NG. Their inventories are getting low. May happen for more of our rigs too. At least we'll get to keep drilling for something!

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                              One of the companies were drilling for just told me yesterday that they're fixin to move at least one rig from Cotulla area to the haynesville to drill for NG. Their inventories are getting low. May happen for more of our rigs too. At least we'll get to keep drilling for something!
                              We are hearing NG may pick back up. We are bidding more jobs than ee have in a while in the Haynesville. Hope this is true so the work will continue.

Got in two days of work and coil tubing broke the casing on the well and now we are shut down for who knows how long. Heading back home today. Just thankful I still have a job right now. But don't like sittiin at home for an unknown amount of time either.

Comment

Note sure if this was posted but lariate services closed there doors. Over 200 people lost their jobs.

Comment

Working...
                                X