Just saw Sicario: Day of the Soldado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
    I think it all started over a political sign that a neighbor put in his yard without his permission.[emoji16]

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    That would do it, for sure!

Comment

Issues:

The whole thing is shot underexposed in blue tint to inject a sense of doom and gloom.

McAllen Texas was obviously a semi-mountainous part of New Mexico (not).

Ending (won't elaborate for those who intend to see it.)

It's details like over cooked cinematography and false representations that that bug me. The border is a place of color and should be portrayed more accurately.

Credit:

The movie did correctly portray the shift to human trafficking so I'll give them props for that. The action was intense and definitely kept you locked in. It also strongly revisited the "plata o plomo" mentality and infusion of youth that defines cartels.

I'd give it 4 out of 5 stars. It was a nice cap to "dinner and a movie" night.

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
        I think it all started over a political sign that a neighbor put in his yard without his permission.[emoji16]

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
        Lol!
        Fortunately, I just read that thread.

Comment

It was entertaining. Not as good as the first but I liked it. A solid B+.

Two things made me laugh: when Benecio del Toro and the girl get in the chevy truck there were no head rests. Then it shows them driving down the road and there are head rests. Secondly, at the end, he sure does walk a looong way in a short time.

Comment

Just walked out Agree with the above from TXAg

Entertaining but not the awesomeness of the first. Movie was nothing like the trailer and sets up a 3rd with that weird ending it had...

B is my grade

Del Toro is a badA as always even with the hard to believe scene it it... But it’s a movie so..

Comment

Just watched the movie tonight. As a valley native still living down here, come on guys, at least choose a place that doesn't have mountains when you say "McAllen, TX"

At least "Matamoros" was believable.

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                Just watched the movie tonight. As a valley native still living down here, come on guys, at least choose a place that doesn't have mountains when you say "McAllen, TX"

At least "Matamoros" was believable.
                And a desert in The Valley. More like New Mexico and Arizona.

Comment

The NAS in Corpus was pretty funny too, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
                    Have not seen this one but saw the first one and would not have ANY issue with our government fighting drug dealers or terrorists the way they operated in the first one
                    This^^^^^.

Comment

Working...
                    X