I don’t negotiate with terrorist.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
    Its a Cottonmouth, I recommend you pick up a copy of the Snakes of Texas.
    How did you determine it's a cottonmouth?

Comment

I don't care, if it's on the porch or near the house and aggressive, it's dead!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
        How did you determine it's not? Geez, give it a break!
        Even "if" it wasn't....who cares??? They have kids, it's on the porch, it needs to go.

Comment

well what kind of snake is it then?

Comment

Originally posted by Mary View Post
            Even "if" it wasn't....who cares??? They have kids, it's on the porch, it needs to go.
            Sorry...thought this was a discussion forum Kinda like age and score threads.

Have great day!

Comment

The coloration, the extreme triangulation of the head, and you can almost make out the covers over the eyes. All these things things are the only facts you have to go off off.

Curious what you think it is specifically if not a cotton mouth?
              Attached Files
              Last edited by Part Timer; 07-13-2018, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Part Timer View Post
                The coloration, the extreme triangulation of the head, and you can almost make out the covers over the eyes. All these things things are the only facts you have to go off off.

Curious what you think it is specifically if not a cotton mouth?
                I don't see the covers over the eyes, but the pic isn't that clear. Looking down on the top of a wm, you can't clearly see their eyes because of the brow. It may be the angle that the pic was took. And the rounded mouth area.

I'm all for relocating snakes around the house, some with heads attached, some without!

The pic you posted is 100% cottonmouth

Comment

I'm surprised you didn't hear me scream across Sorter's road.

Any snake curled up on my porch ready to strike is a soon to be dead snake. I know some are "good" but I'm terrified of them and seeing that I was waiting on my 8 year old to come walking up to the front door, he needed to go! We've lived here two years and I'm amazed we haven't seen more, but I think our dog was killing them. I'm really missing her even more now!

Comment

Distinct keeled scales pattern of the Cottonmouth. A couple more photos would have been nice. Belly markings is another way to ID a Cottonmouth. They have very wide color phases, bland yellow to solid black and some even with a purplish tint, but the keeled scale pattern markings are always the same.

Comment

I don't see the covers over the eyes, but the pic isn't that clear. Looking down on the top of a wm, you can't clearly see their eyes because of the brow. It may be the angle that the pic was took. And the rounded mouth area.

I'm all for relocating snakes around the house, some with heads attached, some without!

The pic you posted is 100% cottonmouth
                      That was my point on the brows over the eyes. No other snake that it might be mistaken with has the brows over the eyes. "hood" as others are referring to it.

And i'm confused why you are 100% on the one in my pic? Side by side it looks identical to the OP's pic. Tha's why i picked that exact picture. I'd also still like to know what you think it is. Im trying to get better at snake id'ing myself.
                      Last edited by Part Timer; 07-13-2018, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                        Distinct keeled scales pattern of the Cottonmouth. A couple more photos would have been nice. Belly markings is another way to ID a Cottonmouth. They have very wide color phases, bland yellow to solid black and some even with a purplish tint, but the keeled scale pattern markings are always the same.
                        I agree on the markings, but I've seen some variations on those also. The hood over the eyes and pit between the eyes and nose is 100% identifier.....if you can clearly see them.

Comment

Oh no....I would have screamed like a girl, cussed like a sailor and possibly burned the house down

No offense...but I hope you keep all those critters over on the other side of Porterico!
                          That’s funny right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Part Timer View Post
                            That was my point on the brows over the eyes. No other snake that it might be mistaken with has the brows over the eyes. "hood" as others are referring to it.

And i'm confused why you are 100% on the one in my pic? Side by side it looks identical to the OP's pic. Tha's why i picked that exact picture. I'd also still like to know what you think it is. Im trying to get better at snake id'ing myself.
                            You can see the hood over the eyes in your pic. Mayhems pic I think I can clearly see the eye......like I said....could be the angle but it appears the eye is protruding. You don't see that on wm.

Comment

Originally posted by snappertapper View Post
                              Wrong, moccasin all day long. Pattern is very specific.

My sarcasm meter is probably broke after looking at the picture again.

Comment

Does not matter, its a good snake now, but it should have be relocated to Afghanistan!

Comment

Working...
                                X