No announcement yet.

Matamoros How safe is it for a Anglo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We used to go through Matamoros every summer- Garcia’s. Haven’t been in 15 yrs and probably won’t return after the cartel stuff. From the post above it sounds like it’s closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, a little too far South. From Nuevo Laredo down is no Bueno.

Comment

Just wondering, have not been in 30 years myself. Just haven't heard about anything going on in the last 6 months. Just wondering assuming they are putting much in local news..Thanks for the up date

Comment

Originally posted by stevieray54 View Post
          Just wondering, have not been in 30 years myself. Just haven't heard about anything going on in the last 6 months. Just wondering assuming they are putting much in local news..Thanks for the up date
          It's old news so they don't report on it anymore.

Comment

It's really more of a media blackout on both sides of the rio...You can go to borderlandbeat to keep up with what's going on. It's really bad for the maquila biz so you won't see it.

CDG is still in a bitter power struggle with regular lead exchange.

Comment

Please use the google translator, I do write and speak english but in spnish is easier for me.

No vayas a Matamoros!!!! apenas este viernes pasado viaje de Monterrey a Matamoros con mi padre por motivos de trabajo y gente del cartel nos detuvo por varias horas, gracias a Dios no nos paso nada, no nos tocaron en lo absoluto, incluso no nos dijeron siquiera alguna mala palabra, registraron nuestros teléfonos celulares y nuestras tarjetas de debito, nos robron alrededor de 8000 dlls.

Gracias a Dios los dos estamos bien y ya en casa pero si te puedo asegurar que jamas pondre a volver a poner un pie ahi, no vale la pena.

Yo soy ciudadano Mexicano, vivo en Monterrey y viajé por carretera pasando por Reynosa.

Comment

Sorry you had to go thru that. Sad when they mess with civilians

Comment

Used to go at least three times a month but haven't been in 12 years. Used to eat at Garcia's all the time. Relatives that live over there used to say it was safe till they started saying don't come. They say Nuevo Progresso is safer but have never been.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                    It's really more of a media blackout on both sides of the rio...You can go to borderlandbeat to keep up with what's going on. It's really bad for the maquila biz so you won't see it.

CDG is still in a bitter power struggle with regular lead exchange.
                    I would listen to Paul (Artos) about this part of the country. He knows it well

Comment

I sure hope that some day things will turn around along the border and for Mexico in general. Looking out for your neighbors in the long run is looking out for yourself.

Comment

Hit Progresso bud. Not a long drive and you will enjoy yourself. Shop, drink etc. I practically lived in Matamoros in the early 90's. Probably some of the best times of my life but I wont be going back. You will enjoy Progresso.

Comment

Progreso is safer we go for drinks regularly and just to pass the time go to old towne cafe they always have a 2 for 1 mixed drink special

Comment

No guey!

Comment

Used t go across to Matamoros all the time with friends from Brownsville. Got so bad that they won't even go anymore. Used to love to go eat at Portales.

Comment

What could go wrong? Everybody likes adventure.

Comment

Working...
                                X