Full moon / Opening Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full moon / Opening Weekend

So what’s your strategy for bow hunting this weekend with the full moon? In stand at opening light, sleep in and hunt mid morning/ mid day? I never have good luck on full moon days

With the cool morning forecasted I will be there at first light. Maybe hunt a little longer.

Comment

All my big bucks were killed the morning of a full moon. Business as usual.

Comment

I think the mornings will be pretty good. Normally not the case for me opening weekend. Looking forward to the cool weather.

Comment

I have not seen a whole lot of difference on our place. Except I do have a little more activity at night. They are coming in and checking and not sticking around. I do still have the same activity during the day.

Comment

Hunt all day

Comment

Originally posted by justindfw View Post
              With the cool morning forecasted I will be there at first light. Maybe hunt a little longer.
              With the cool weather coming and the buck Im hunting coming in all hours of the day right now I will be sitting all day until it either gets dark or I see him. I took off Monday so I will be sitting until Monday afternoon if I have to.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                Hunt all day

^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^

I’m hunting all opening day tomorrow in Oklahoma. I expect mid day movement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve had great luck hunting around a full moon. The moon rises earlier and sets later around a full moon causing deer to think its night quicker and morning daylight later.

Comment

Hunt the same as anytime or moon. Never really seen a difference.

Comment

My strategy is get in the stand and wait for the feeder to go off. Has failed me yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My experience is that hunting game that does not eat at a feeder, a full moon makes it much more difficult.

Over a feeder the moon phases matter alot less.

Many of my best animals have been taken on a full moon in warm weather....when the "experts" say its the worst time

Comment

Full moon mornings the deer seem to quit moving earlier than normal. I assume because they moved around all night. Prolly just need to make sure you’re in the blind as early as possible.

Comment

Solunar table shows 12:55 PM to be a major feeding time. so I'll be sure to be on the stand at that time.

Comment

Feeders have been going for awhile and no pressure they’ll show, now give it a couple weeks and a full moon they’ll be ghosts.

Comment

Working...
                              X